2 questions

Question 1) What is this board’s title a reference to: liquidity, excess cash; liquid diets, unlikely given TMF purge; liquor, also unlikely given the purge; something else?

Question b) What do you all do with your RMD dollars?
This is our first year having to take them. I have read and heard that most people use their RMD to cover the normal household and family expenses. For anyone in that situation RMDs not excess cash. If you are fortunate and not using your RMDs to meet living expense, what do you do with it?

So far we have shifted most of our donations to QCDs, and we are taking a trip to Paris later this year that we will use some of it on. If we have any left we’ll probably put it into our taxable index funds. I will probably spend some of on the new audiobooks of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. I finished Equal Rites earlier today, and it was wonderful. I wish Esk was in more books.

1 Like

If you are fortunate and not using your RMDs to meet living expense, what do you do with it?

I just transfer it into my taxable Schwab account.

(We’re also heading to Paris at the end of May. Can’t wait!)

1 Like

It’s September for us.

Half of my rmd goes to taxes to reduce estimated taxes. The rest goes to taxable account for reinvestment.

1 Like

I believe the title of this board pays homage to a bar (or “lounge”) in Omaha, (actually, it’s part of a chain of bars by that name). I think it’s supposed to be visited by followers of Buffett.

culcha

1 Like

I believe the title of this board pays homage to a bar (or “lounge”) in Omaha…

I think that’s right. I believe it was renamed ‘The Bull & Bear Lounge’ a few years back, which drives home the Oracle of Omaha theme a little better.

https://www.bullandbearlounge.com/

Pete

1 Like

Question b) What do you all do with your RMD dollars?

Brk - sensible way to grow net worth in an unsheltered account and control your tax bill by selling when you want and paying taxes only on capital gains.

1 Like