2019 Resolutions and Gratitude

**Just a Fool’s New Year’s Resolutions**
At the start of 2018, the majority of our investments had transitioned from a Bogle IRA to a Foolish Large Cap IRA  (split 50:50 Roth and Traditional) with 3 months emergency savings
As we end 2018, I hold a 60:20:20 split between Roth, Traditional, and Individual Investing Accounts that are all focused on our best stocks and padded with a 6-month emergency savings.  To say we have been blessed is an understatement, but we have also grown our knowledge and savings focus immensely thanks to the Fool and many resources on this board.  

Our 2019 goals are as follows: 
1.  **Weed out investing biased through transparency**  We know that we have a biased for the story; tracking our performance can focus our biased on results.  As such, we are committed to publishing a monthly update of stock performance. 

2.  **Build our padding to a 12-month emergency savings** Barring any major health issues, 2019 is set up to be a predictable year with our careers.  As such, our goals are to take advantage of the career certainty to prepare for 2020 opportunities as the better spouse will finish her medical residency and I shall prepare for what could be the final reestablishment of my career.  

3.  **Investment methodically no matter what, opportunistically when possible.** We are struck by the rigidity that TMF SA and RB makes its picks regardless of market sentiment.  We happen to think its an advantage.  As such, we are committed to investing a set amount the 2nd and final Friday of each month, and evaluating opportunities to deploy the larger cash reserves as we see fit, with the goal of carrying no more than 5% cash and not touching our emergency savings. 

**Just a Fool’s Portfolio at the start of 2019** 
Stock			Price as of 12/31/18			Percentage as of 12/31/18	
AYX				59.47					14.4%
TWLO				89.30					9.5%			
SQ				56.09					8.9%
ZS				39.21					8.9%	
TTD				116.06					6.9%
AAXN				43.75					6.6%	
NTNX				41.59					6.2%	
SHOP				138.45					6.0%
MDB				83.74					4.9%	
ABMD				325.04					4.2%
TDOC				49.57					3.9%
APPN				26.71					3.8%
ISRG				478.92					3.6%
OKTA				63.8					3.5%
ALGN				209.43					3.0%
IQ				14.87					2.6%
EVBG				56.76					1.3%
BZUN				29.21					0.9%
ESTC				71.48					0.9%

**Just a Fool’s Company Discussions**
I probably will not repeat what has already been said about the well covered companies on this board (AYX, TWLO, SQ, ZS, TTD, NTNX, MDB, OKTA, SHOP, ESTC)

I will say this about the rest of my investments and how they are lumped: 

**Medical Stocks – 15% of my portfolio**
ISRG, ABMD, ALGN, TDOC
I believe that medical technology will continue to be a space where innovative companies will be born – that said – I do not play into the biomedical space as much as I do the hardware / software space.  

**China Stocks – 3% of my portfolio**
IQ, BZUN.  
This number has been reduced throughout the year.  The contrarian in me suspects these companies to outperform, however, I will never let this exposure become a large percentage of my portfolio.  I won’t be discussing on here.  

**Axon Enterprises**
AAXN
I almost completely ignore the Tasers component of this business.  Body cameras build the evidence and records management capabilities and is the future in this industry.  This company gives away a lot up front to build the sales cycle, but I think they have done very, very well and I believe this is early days in this space.  That said, due to its long sales cycle, I will allow this position to grow versus add to. 

**Everbridge** 
EVBG
I have written several pieces on this company and will continue to expand my position as performance supports.  I am bullish on the results of their last quarter and their “expand” options they have purchased.  If I see another, I could see this becoming a full position 5%

**Appian** 
APPN
A very small cap company that I bought into.  I’ve seen how quickly they are able to build solutions and how pleased companies are with that service.  I’m impressed with management as well.  I likely won’t add but monitor to see how it grows.  

Many thanks to the countless amount of community engagement, feedback, and teachings from those who have been investing for quite sometime.  Looking forward to continued growth in the years to come. 

Just a Fool
9 Likes

Easier to read with < pre > and < /pre > around the table…

Just a Fool’s New Year’s Resolutions
At the start of 2018, the majority of our investments had transitioned from a Bogle IRA to a Foolish Large Cap IRA (split 50:50 Roth and Traditional) with 3 months emergency savings
As we end 2018, I hold a 60:20:20 split between Roth, Traditional, and Individual Investing Accounts that are all focused on our best stocks and padded with a 6-month emergency savings. To say we have been blessed is an understatement, but we have also grown our knowledge and savings focus immensely thanks to the Fool and many resources on this board.

Our 2019 goals are as follows:

1. Weed out investing biased through transparency We know that we have a biased for the story; tracking our performance can focus our biased on results. As such, we are committed to publishing a monthly update of stock performance.

2. Build our padding to a 12-month emergency savings Barring any major health issues, 2019 is set up to be a predictable year with our careers. As such, our goals are to take advantage of the career certainty to prepare for 2020 opportunities as the better spouse will finish her medical residency and I shall prepare for what could be the final reestablishment of my career.

3. Investment methodically no matter what, opportunistically when possible. We are struck by the rigidity that TMF SA and RB makes its picks regardless of market sentiment. We happen to think its an advantage. As such, we are committed to investing a set amount the 2nd and final Friday of each month, and evaluating opportunities to deploy the larger cash reserves as we see fit, with the goal of carrying no more than 5% cash and not touching our emergency savings.

Just a Fool’s Portfolio at the start of 2019

Stock			Price as of 12/31/18			Percentage as of 12/31/18	
AYX				59.47					14.4%
TWLO				89.30					9.5%			
SQ				56.09					8.9%
ZS				39.21					8.9%	
TTD				116.06					6.9%
AAXN				43.75					6.6%	
NTNX				41.59					6.2%	
SHOP				138.45					6.0%
MDB				83.74					4.9%	
ABMD				325.04					4.2%
TDOC				49.57					3.9%
APPN				26.71					3.8%
ISRG				478.92					3.6%
OKTA				63.8					3.5%
ALGN				209.43					3.0%
IQ				14.87					2.6%
EVBG				56.76					1.3%
BZUN				29.21					0.9%
ESTC				71.48					0.9%

Just a Fool’s Company Discussions
I probably will not repeat what has already been said about the well covered companies on this board (AYX, TWLO, SQ, ZS, TTD, NTNX, MDB, OKTA, SHOP, ESTC)

I will say this about the rest of my investments and how they are lumped:

Medical Stocks – 15% of my portfolio
ISRG, ABMD, ALGN, TDOC
I believe that medical technology will continue to be a space where innovative companies will be born – that said – I do not play into the biomedical space as much as I do the hardware / software space.

China Stocks – 3% of my portfolio
IQ, BZUN.
This number has been reduced throughout the year. The contrarian in me suspects these companies to outperform, however, I will never let this exposure become a large percentage of my portfolio. I won’t be discussing on here.

Axon Enterprises
AAXN
I almost completely ignore the Tasers component of this business. Body cameras build the evidence and records management capabilities and is the future in this industry. This company gives away a lot up front to build the sales cycle, but I think they have done very, very well and I believe this is early days in this space. That said, due to its long sales cycle, I will allow this position to grow versus add to.

Everbridge
EVBG
I have written several pieces on this company and will continue to expand my position as performance supports. I am bullish on the results of their last quarter and their “expand” options they have purchased. If I see another, I could see this becoming a full position 5%

Appian
APPN
A very small cap company that I bought into. I’ve seen how quickly they are able to build solutions and how pleased companies are with that service. I’m impressed with management as well. I likely won’t add but monitor to see how it grows.

Many thanks to the countless amount of community engagement, feedback, and teachings from those who have been investing for quite sometime. Looking forward to continued growth in the years to come.

Just a Fool

22 Likes