A filtered list of candidates

Having now read through the FAQ, I have compiled a formulaic list of candidates based on the concepts presented. I have tried to make this list a manageable number. I have not pursued the required due diligence yet, but feel like I have a pretty good sense of the ideas presented now.

Here is the list for further discussion:

AVLR
AYX
BILL
CLDR
COUP
CRWD
DOCU
ESTC
EVBG
GPN
IDN
MDB
OKTA
PD
PLAN
PS
SMAR
SMSI
TTD
TWOU
UPLD
VERI
WORK
ZEN
ZM
ZS

Taking this formula and holding ALL picks from 1999 onward on a 4 week hold basis would give an annualized return of 10% with max dd 90% and over the last year (TTM) 7% annualized return with max dd of 36%. What I am stating is that this is a good starting point to examine the picks and do due diligence. Clearly the skeleton is there but I am not posting this to say take all the picks. It’s a basis for discussion. Clearly Saul has the ability to take due diligence and apply it to this universe and crush the market.

2 Likes

I’m a relative newbie on this board and for the most part I lurk (and learn). I would say most of the frequent posters on this board know of the list you posted. Most of them have already been discussed.

As far as I can tell, the way this board works is if someone has something to add or share on a particular stock, they do a useful post (better a deep dive) to support the thesis. This isn’t the place to post about asset allocation etc. I’m way more diversified and almost never sell, but that is NOT a topic for this board. I use it for the great insights into some stocks I invest in (many of which now are my biggest holdings).

Like I said, I lurk on this board. To try and add something, I looked at one of the stocks you listed that I liked that wasn’t frequently discussed here (BILL). I did a few newbie deeper dive posts. I’m still holding it even though the prospects of a company supporting SMBs right now isn’t great. A couple other BILL bulls are on here and post infrequently.

I suggest you lurk, get a flavor for the board, and then do like I did with one or more of your favorites. Reading Saul’s rules is a prerequisite to posting.

Mike

22 Likes

Hi Calif,
Welcome to the board. I suggest you read the Monday Morning Rules of the Board, as well as the posts linked to in the right hand panel. We DON"T do filters, and we DON’T do filtered lists. If you want to write up one or more of the stocks on your list we’d welcome that.
Best,
Saul

7 Likes