Adding A/C

…came to temp of 78, shut down

Just to clarify: it shut down at 78 because that’s what you set it on, yes?

Just to clarify: it shut down at 78 because that’s what you set it on, yes?

Yes, A new concept for us to learn, I need to review the night/sleep settings, need to sort to where we want it to be, that’s too warm for sleeping, so negotiations with my DW are in progress… SIL, they leave it 24/7 at 78… We that would make it pump heat at night…

1 Like

Another discussion with Brian, my A/C guy and at the moment the Heat/Cool settings are Manual, so while it’s on Cool, it won’t automatically flip to heat unless I manually change it on the Honeywell TH8321WF thermostat or via the App on my iPhone…

So now there is not an Auto button…

Turns out that “Auto” has to be turned on in the menus, an option, so he told me how and where, it’s behind the Thermostat’s factory password, but that’s also displayed in one of the screens, so not a problem…

For now, I better understand it, the system, I guess the default isn’t including the Auto, but I think it’s where I want it, out front, it can be ignored, or used as winter comes along… I was pleasantly surprised it was capable, I’d started looking at a replacement that I saw did have that auto button, but there it was, tucked away… There are a lot of items, some depending on if it’s residential or commercial, more techy things I don’t need to know…

Onward… Automatically!