AEYE adds pro baseball player

Former Professional Baseball Player Joins AudioEye Team
Former Catcher Robbie Dromerhauser Brings Deep Lineup of Professional Sports Relationships to the Company

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-professional-baseball-…

In checking his career, in one year as an active player in 1985 in the low A leagues at Trenton, he batted .154. He had four hits in 26 at bats, with 6 walks and 13 strikeouts. Let’s hope his average on “connecting” has improved over the years.

Z-Bar

4 Likes

Thanks for the research Z-Bar. That certainly sounds like over-hyping!

Saul

1 Like

Former Professional Baseball Player Joins AudioEye Team
Former Catcher Robbie Dromerhauser Brings Deep Lineup of Professional Sports Relationships to the Company

Hi Z bar,

Can you tell me what a professional sportsman has to do with AEYE? He apparently, based upon his record in Pro baseball, is not a celebrity so what is the value? Why would a “deep lineup of Professional Sports Relationships” be of interest to a company that is about being deaf or blind?

Thanks,
Mykie
PS I’m not being sarcastic at all. I had seen a sports affiliation referenced earlier and didn’t understand it then either.

I would assume the plan is to do deals with sports teams and organizations to get their websites signed up with Audioeye so deaf/blind people can more easily use those websites. Whether this guy has the ability to close the deals, who knows.

From the press release

• He is the founder of Pitch for a Cure, created to help youngsters afflicted with Type I diabetes. So his sphere of influence includes nonprofit organizations for people with disabilities.
  • He is executive producer of a recently release animated move “Henry & Me”. Story is based on a young boy battling an illness and his magical adventure. This expands his sphere of influence in the realm of children with disabilities.
  • Then we look at the area of sports. He has operated baseball/sports camps, established American Sports Academy, served as a director of Treasury International Inc and American Sports History Inc, as well as served as President and CEO for the latter.

He may not ever be inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame; however, he does have contacts with professional players due to his 7 years as a professional player himself.It may be a bit of a misnomer to just label him as a former professional baseball player. He appears to be very involved in the area of children with disabilities.

Just my thoughts,

Stormey

2 Likes

Can you tell me what a professional sportsman has to do with AEYE? He apparently, based upon his record in Pro baseball, is not a celebrity so what is the value? Why would a “deep lineup of Professional Sports Relationships” be of interest to a company that is about being deaf or blind?

From the conference they talked about linking about with sports teams and leagues. Their software would talk to whomever is on the website. It also sounded like it might be used on phone calls. They said something that voice would change depending on the team. For example the example they said was "for the Yankees-Babe Ruth; Red Sox-Carlton Fisk; Orioles-Cal Ripken; etc.

I would love to see it in action. And I would expect that this voice specific technology might be fairly commonplace in the future.

Z-BAr