All in Red

Prepare your wallets boys, here comes the buying oppertunity of the decade…

if so, the sp500 would need to drop 80% from here (end of Q1-2009 SP500 was down 50% from end in 2007) - nuclear strike in the US would do it…

5 Likes

Whew that was an ugly day. Lets hope it does not continue tomorrow. I was down 3.7% today alone.

Not too bad, 1.84% … Saul must have taken a serious hit, shop is down 7.13% and ots his biggest holding. But then again he was up a ton :slight_smile:

Yeh I was down 2.8% - the worst fall I can recount in $ and %. It feels tech has rolled over for sure if not the correction has begun. Let’s hope it isn’t the Jim Rogers’ scenario.
It’s unfortunate given the results season we’ve had! But I guess in a nuclear war it’s the least of our worries.
A

What’s worse:

Down 5% from up 40%,
Down 2% from up 20%,
Up 2% from down 20%, or
Up 5% from down 40%?

Just another day in the market. One “knows” a correction is coming but one never knows when that correction is coming or if “this” correction is “that” correction in the first place. To be happy forget how much you are up or down. Is the portfolio providing for your expenses?

Denny Schlesinger

Reply to trick question (YTD)
         33.0%
         17.6%
        -18.4%
        -37.0%

4 Likes

You guys are lucky. Or rather, I’m stupid – sitting on ports filled with spent uranium, down 5.2% today and unrealized gains cut by 26%. To think that all it took was a little ol’ threat of nuclear holocaust for a couple of days and my ports are in flames. Worst 2 days ever.

But I’m not gonna complain, so … A toast to all the great people here, to better days, rational leaders and calmer headlines!

Dan

2 Likes