AMBA: new products for home security

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ambarella-s3l-soc-delivers-h-1…

Last week AMBA launched new drone products. Today, they launched new products for home security. Both markets are growing very fast. IMO, some people are too focused on linking GPRO to AMBA while not applying enough weight to AMBA’s other rapidly growing target markets. AMBA’s introduction of products for drones and home security is good news as these new products help AMBA maintain a technological lead over competitors. This lead is very important because it delays commoditization and allows AMBA to maintain high margins.

Chris

8 Likes

Today, they launched new products for home security. Both markets are growing very fast.

I just put in some cameras at my house from AMCREST. They touted Ambarella chips inside them. I would say it’s a nice system for the price. Work really well during the day and ok at night.

Andy

Happy Balloons Day!

Even I, a late adopter, have started looking at home security. Canary, SimpliSafe, etc. Like the concept, waiting for even cheaper prices.

Even I, a late adopter, have started looking at home security. Canary, SimpliSafe, etc. Like the concept, waiting for even cheaper prices.

The Amcrest were 250 dollars on Amazon. Came with 4 cameras and a DVR. I can access it with an App that they provide for my Android phone, works with Iphone also. I can also access it from any computer over the internet. Nice product for the price but at night I will need to put up a light over the garage to help the one on the front eves. I think it is to high to get a clear view of the drive way at night. But the front door and back garage door look great even at night.

Andy

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Do you know off hand what percentage of AMBA’s revenue is due to GoPro?
Thanks,
Lazy mykie