An important news source I just found

I was looking for an up to date battle map of the Ukraine conflict and came across the Live Universal Awareness Map (“Liveuamap”). First the caveat that I can’t vouch for the source, but a brief perusal of their maps and news feeds from various conflicts around the world brought stories to the fore that I hadn’t heard before (like the recent extent of Israeli bombing of Syria, for example).

Anyhow, with the understanding to be cynical about new news sources (interestingly, the site segments the Golan Heights from the maps of both Syria and Israel), I think it is worth looking through and using as a data supplement for the Ukraine, Syrian and Israeli/Palestinian conflicts (as well as a US map of assorted police/fire/violent events):

https://liveuamap.com/

Jeff

7 Likes

… a brief perusal of their maps and news feeds from various conflicts around the world brought stories to the fore that I hadn’t heard before (like the recent extent of Israeli bombing of Syria, for example).

========================================

Yes I posted about these bombings previously. The Israelis would not condemn Russia or impose sanctions because the Russians allowed them to bomb Syria.

Jaak