Another Government Disability Benefit!

I got a request to comment as part of a survey sent to my cellphone. Made a tactical decision to hit the “No Thanks” button.

Tim

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/news/…

Government of Canada reintroduces legislation to create a new Canada Disability Benefit

News release
June 2, 2022 Gatineau, Quebec Employment and Social Development Canada

The Government of Canada is committed to the social and economic inclusion of persons with disabilities. Working-age persons with disabilities in Canada are twice as likely to live in poverty as those without. That is why the Government is taking action to reduce poverty and support the financial security of persons with disabilities.

Today, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion, Carla Qualtrough, reintroduced ground-breaking legislation that would establish a new Canada Disability Benefit (CDB).

The CDB would become an important part of Canada’s social safety net, alongside Old Age Security, the Guaranteed Income Supplement and the Canada Child Benefit. It could significantly reduce poverty and benefit hundreds of thousands of Canadians.

Come to think of it, we have had three flights arriving at Halifax airport in the last couple of weeks full of soon to be “New Canadians” from Ukraine. I have no idea where they are going to live but Halifax is their arrival airport, not necessarily their new home.

3 Likes

I got a request to comment as part of a survey sent to my cellphone. Made a tactical decision to hit the “No Thanks” button.

When I see stuff like that on my monitor, it’s always clickbait of some sort, like the Medicare Advantage adverts that promise “government program to add money to your Social Security check”

Steve

2 Likes