Another Vaccine Approved in Canada

This one is different in that it is plant-based. Also mention that it is easier to transport.

Demand will be low in Canada because of our already very high rate of fully vaccinated. There are however many countries who are still looking for doses to raise their vaccination levels.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/medicago-s-homegrown-plant-ba…

Health
Medicago’s homegrown, plant-based COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada

Regulators announced approval on Thursday after high efficacy shown in clinical trials

Lauren Pelley · CBC News · Posted: Feb 24, 2022 11:28 AM ET | Last Updated: 8 hours ago

Medicago’s plant-based COVID-19 vaccine is now approved by Health Canada, which will soon give Canadians the option of getting a homegrown shot against SARS-CoV-2.

Regulators announced the decision to allow its use for adults 18 to 64 years of age on Thursday, making this the sixth vaccine approved in Canada, on the heels of Health Canada’s approval of the Novavax shot last week.

In what the biopharmaceutical company calls a world first, the vaccine from Quebec City-based Medicago uses plant-derived, virus-like particles, which resemble the coronavirus behind COVID-19 but don’t contain its genetic material.

2 Likes

Homegrown? Sounds like CBD oil.

LOL

The immunity from vaccines and the booster last only a few months. Since Covid-19 is becoming endemic, much like the flu, I expect to get another Covid booster shot next October to protect from the winter surge. I plan to get my Covid and flu shots at the same time.

I think that there will be a large and ongoing need for Covid vaccines among the already-vaccinated, in addition to the many millions around the world who haven’t received even a single Covid vaccine shot.

Wendy

3 Likes