Anyone still have RUBI?

I have a small position in RUBI which is down nearly 50% from my entry point. I still think there’s lots of potential in online ad sales, but I’m not so certain that I shouldn’t liquidate RUBI and stick with GOOG.

Rubicon Project: An Undervalued Digital Marketing Platform

Jan. 27, 2017 8:16 AM
Aurelien Windenberger
I believe that the past couple quarters have probably been a wake-up call for management at RUBI, and they seem to be taking decisive actions to try fixing the issues, while investing strongly in their future growth areas, mobile and video. Given their cash position, the company can make investments aggressively if they believe they will see a return.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4040096-rubicon-project-unde…

1 Like

RUBI competes with CRTO. CRTO has held up much better than RUBI. In the past both CRTO and RUBI were discussed on this board.

Rob

1 Like

In the past both CRTO and RUBI were discussed on this board.

Yes, that’s why I posted here.

I had a position in CRTO at one point, but it took a dive when AAPL announced they would allow ad blockers. I bailed out with a small loss. It’s had some ups and downs in the past year, but no real gains.

The author of the article I linked regarding RUBI makes a case for a comeback. It’s up 14% this month on rumor of a sellout. The WSJ article linked below doesn’t make the situation look very positive. I’m teetering on getting out now and waiting to see what develops.

When the company reported third-quarter earnings results in November, Rubicon Project lowered its full-year guidance and announced it was shedding almost 20% of its workforce, roughly 125 employees, as part of a reorganization.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/rubicon-project-to-explore-strat…

I have a position and write covered calls when it hits $45+ on half of my position. Have done that several times in the last year and am covered on 1/2 as of right now. Sold the 2/17/2017 47.50s for $2.05. Usually the covers go expiry for me. Nice way to boost yield. CRTO

Rob

1 Like