ARRAY BioPharm

For your consideration Array BioPharm (ARRY). A $3 Billion bio pharm company with the following profile.

Array BioPharma Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of small molecule drugs to treat patients with cancer in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The company’s drugs in Phase III clinical trials include Binimetinib, Encorafenib, Selumetinib, and Ipatasertib/GDC-0068 for the treatment of cancer, as well as ASC08/Danoprevir to treat hepatitis C virus. Its drug candidates in Phase II/registration trials comprise Larotrectinib/LOXO-101, a PanTrk inhibitor for cancer; Tucatinib/ONT-380, a HER2 inhibitor for breast cancer; and Varlitinib/ASLAN001, a Pan-HER2 inhibitor for gastric or breast cancer. In addition, the company is developing ARRY-797, a p38 inhibitor, which is in Phase II clinical trials for Lamin A/C-related dilated cardiomyopathy; Motolimod/VTX-2337, a Toll-like receptor that is under Phase II clinical studies for cancer; and Prexasertib/LY2606368, a CHK-1 inhibitor, which is in Phase II clinical studies for cancer, as well as ARRY-382, a CSF1R inhibitor that is under Phase I/II clinical trial to treat cancer. Further, it is developing GDC-0575, a CHK-1 inhibitor that is in Phase Ib clinical trial for the treatment of cancer; LOXO-292, a RET inhibitor, which is under Phase I clinical trials to treat cancer; and LOXO-195, a NTRK inhibitor that is under Phase I clinical trials to treat cancer. Array BioPharma Inc. has a collaboration agreement with Amgen, Asahi Kasei Pharma Corporation, Loxo Oncology, and Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. The company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado.

As it is moving drugs through the FDA process it is gaining traction with investors. It has not had the huge move up yet but is up about 50% over the past 12 months.

1 Like

in addition:
A combination of experimental drugs from Array BioPharma Inc kept patients with advanced melanoma associated with a common gene mutation alive for nearly three years and twice as long as a rival Roche Holding AG medicine, according to data from a late stage study released on Tuesday.

The oral drugs, encorafenib and binimetinib, are awaiting a U.S. approval decision by June 30 based on promising data on their ability to stall disease worsening, or progression-free survival (PFS). European regulators are also reviewing the treatment.

However, overall survival is seen as the gold standard for cancer treatments and the new data is likely to significantly enhance approval and eventual sales prospects.

On first glance, it looks like something worth looking into.

Man,this is alot to digest though!

There’s a fair amount of moving parts. Seems their biggest potential winner is in colorectal cancer, and (i think?) the BEACON trial is what would be a huge clinical (and financial?!?) breakthrough for them… On cursory glance I did not quite grasp their royalty structure with their collaborators- can you shed light on that?

It would likely take me a few hours to try and wrap my head around this one. I’ve got some time this weekend.

(Fwiw, about a decade ago there were a handful of “pick and shovel” biotech companies that wanted to produce lots of monoclonal antibodies, license them out to big pharma, and live off royalties. Good to see one of them survived, even if not producing mabs!)