Atheist Investors Welcomed

Ever wonder what to do with extra holy water or a surplus in liquid capital? Well you’ve come the the right place to discuss.

I’m currently sitting on a 20% cash position with zero allocated to faith. Looking for a sound investment opportunity that requires zero faith.

11 Likes

Hello,

Faithful’s wait. Will you embrace faith and learn to wait? If you can wait, there is a chance you can deploy your cash pretty soon.

There are lot of growth companies, getting re-rated, some of them are below PRE-COVID levels, for Ex PYPL. OF course there are issues, how Fed is going to handle inflation without crashing the economy, what QT will do (this is totally uncharted waters), needs to be seen.

I am taking profits, reducing exposure and creating flexibility. I am pretty much narrowing my focus to Tech, Financials.

1 Like

Over on Destiny Solutions, Peregreine Trader just posted his charts.

https://discussion.fool.com/here-are-the-monthlyweekly-charts-fo…

Looks like Commodities are the clear winner these days. Hands down.

I invested in few select materials and Energy. I have closed some/ partially of my energy positions (like XOM, APA, XLE, OHI), they all had great run. If the war comes to an end tomorrow what will happen to the price of Oil and commodities? I don’t know. So took some profits, closed CLF. I have also closed few of my REIT holdings.

https://discussion.fool.com/clf-cleveland-cliff-35032838.aspx?so…

They are all part of my raising cash, I have raised my cash position to above 35%. I may buy more Citi/ Bac/ WFC/ USB/ PYPL and fallen tech. There are many tech companies with solid growth ahead of them and their multiples (yeah EV/ Sales multiples) are getting reasonable.

2 Likes

Looking for a sound investment opportunity that requires zero faith.

Well, I-bonds have gotten some attention lately–although they’re backed by the “full faith and credit” of 'murica. I got some.

2 Likes

Original Poster: Looking for a sound investment opportunity that requires zero faith.

MisterFungi Reply: Well, I-bonds have gotten some attention lately–although they’re backed by the “full faith and credit” of 'murica. I got some.

Yeah, I saw that thread on I bonds on Retirement Investing. Most people will think it is funny that I come to these boards but I hate investing. I love information and have enjoyed the non investing boards for about 14 years. I do have some money to invest so as soon as I finish putting some fertilizer out on my garden, I might figure out how to invest in I-bonds. Whatever those are.

Thanks for this board.
–Linda
p.s. I’ll have more money next year that I don’t need when I take RMDs. I am also looking for easy, safe investment of that money. I haven’t calculated what the RMD will be which is just as well as my portfolio has dropped $50k or more in the last year. And that was a “safe” Vanguard 2020 retirement scenario - whatever that is!

A link from the Retirement Investing board –
https://tipswatch.com/2021/12/05/when-is-the-i-bonds-fixed-r…

On RMDs, the IRS expects us to live to about age 95. At age 72, you expect to live for 23 years. Your RMD will be about 1/23 of the balance in your IRA and 401K plans on Jan 1 of the year its due. Typical is about 4%. But gradually increases over the years and goes up and down with the markets.