AuD Audiologists 100% placement...

One of my close friends is an otolaryngologist who specializes in cochlear implants and inner ear surgery. He often complains about the paucity of qualified audiologists (Doctors of Audiology).

I did a cursory review of various Doctor of Audiology (AuD) programs across the United States. Several of the schools I looked at boasted 100% placement rates for recent graduates of their audiology programs.

If you know a college student or recent college graduate interested in a 4-year doctoral program with relatively high pay, high job satisfaction (helping people), and reasonably priced malpractice insurance (lower risk of litigation than physicians), Doctor of Audiology programs may be worth considering.

Stanfield’s Introduction to Health Professions projects a need for 29% more audiologists in the near future.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Stanfield_s_Introductio…

10 Likes

Stanfield’s Introduction to Health Professions projects a need for 29% more audiologists in the near future.

There’s a bonanza of jobs coming for those catering to old people. I am on the leading edge of the baby boomers, and “hearing” and “eyesight” are among the first things to go. Over the next 20 years there will be a swell of population needing these sorts of services, not to mention physical therapy, hip replacements and the like.

Nurses aides and home health care will be in greater demand, although the pay will likely continue to lag simply because it always has. Can you think of other things that “old” people need that younger people don’t? There’s the future.

Of course in 20 years, just as these folks are hitting the zenith of their profession there will be a sudden glut as there are more of them but the baby bust produces fewer customers. So get in while the getting’s good, invest well, retire early. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

2 Likes

There’s a bonanza of jobs coming for those catering to old people

It’ll be an interesting scenario dealing with folk who’ve spent a good bit of their working life focusing on avoiding getting screwed by The Man when they actually become The Man…and are seeing PRICE GOUGING!!! everywhere they look.

VeeEnn writes,

It’ll be an interesting scenario dealing with folk who’ve spent a good bit of their working life focusing on avoiding getting screwed by The Man when they actually become The Man…and are seeing PRICE GOUGING!!! everywhere they look.

Price gouging isn’t a problem when there’s transparency and competitive pricing.

intercst

1 Like

Price gouging isn’t a problem whenthere’stransparencyand competitive pricing

I don’t doubt it…that doesn’t stop those with the words seared into there consciousness from seeing it everywhere they look. There isn’t a price low enough to satisfy those who’re looking for the best deal.

There isn’t a price low enough to satisfy those who’re looking for the best deal.

In my flea market days I had fun with people who tried to lowball me on my merchandise.

I’d state my price.

They’d make a ridiculously lowball offer.

I’d raise my price.

They’d object stating I was supposed to lower my price not raise it.

I’d reply if they could lower the price I was within my rights to raise it. :wink:

1 Like