avigilon

Mykie, I’m not sure what you’re looking at. Avigilon’s current price is $22.34, not $4.09. Here’s a link to the current quote.

Saul,
I’m not sure what I was looking at, obviously I mixed this up with some other stock.

Hi Saul et al,

Sameer saved me from the loonie wagon on this as he too saw a $4 price. (I actually put a bid in at $4.05 to buy a bunch).

Because of that flap and until I realized I wasn’t nuts, I didn’t repeat my buy efforts today and now it’s up a point.

Can I sue someone?
:slight_smile:
PS tomorrow’s another day but to tell the truth, I"m just glad I’m not seeing things in print. Thanks again Sameer!

Mykie, i too found the $4 price when i was researching avigilon, it was aviocf.pk. I don’t understand why there is two stock offerings.
Alex
p.s. love this board, thanks to all

1 Like

I didn’t repeat my buy efforts today and now it’s up a point.

Mykie,

I presume you’re buying Avigilon because it looks like it could go to $50 or more. When it’s at $50, will you remember whether you bought it at $21 or $22 ? Will it matter? Will you care?

Saul

3 Likes

No problem Mykie. The stocks app on my iPhone still shows it around $4. It’s annoying haha.

1 Like

Sorry I made typo should be aiocf.pk. I don’t
Think it must trade as it’s been $4.08 each
Time I’ve looked
Alex

Alex, perhaps that’s an old, old, OLD stock symbol from before it got listed (as it’s a pink sheet symbol), which never got erased. Just wondering….

I presume you’re buying Avigilon because it looks like it could go to $50 or more. When it’s at $50, will you remember whether you bought it at $21 or $22 ? Will it matter? Will you care?

Hi Saul,
No, I was not holding off due to the price, just complaining about having to pay more due to the false reading I got (along with at least 2 other guys). It was a joke actually. represented by my question if I could sue anyone and then the smiley face.

Today I went to buy at that higher price and was advised by the broker that I couldn’t trade that stock today.

Vas gipts?
Mykie

Sorry I made typo should be aiocf.pk. I don’t
Think it must trade as it’s been $4.08 each
Time I’ve looked
Alex

Hi Alex,
I’m not sure but I think the symbol is causing me to miss this particular stock purchase. Yahoo showed it at 23.59 but the price didn’t change for over an hour. So I tried buying at that price using the symbol AIOCF and nothing happened. It just sat there showing zero for price change. So I went to another broker of mine and got the message that I couldn’t trade that stock today, though they showed the stock had moved down to $23.48.

I also tried AVO.TO and had no luck there.
Help. Anyone know what is going on?

I’m not sure but I think the symbol is causing me to miss this particular stock purchase

Mykie, aren’t you at IB? Why not just buy it straight off the TSE? Ticker AVO.

Neil
(no position)

Not sure what’s wrong with your broker. I googled the Toronto Exchange, put in Avigilon, got the Canadian symbol AVO, put it in and discovered that it closed at $25.52 Canadian, up 58 cents today. I also made sure by Googling “Toronto Exchange holidays”, and today wasn’t one. (All that took me about 4 minutes).

This trades on the Pink Sheets in U.S under AIOCF and on the Toronto exchange under AVO. If you go with the pink sheets there is less volume so it might be harder to buy. Some brokers charge more for using foreign exchanges. You should check with your broker.

Andy

1 Like

I just talked to my Fidelity broker and they said even though they track it using the pink sheet symbol they buy it on the Toronto exchange. I guess they do so much volume with Canada that Fidelity treats it like a U.S. stock and charges the same fees for trading on the U.S exchange.

Andy

1 Like

Today I went to buy at that higher price and was advised by the broker that I couldn’t trade that stock today.

Mykie,

I bought today as AIOCF via Schwab. No problem. $6.95 commission. Well, it took a little while for the trade to go through, longer than usual, when I purchase, but nothing exorbitant. A few minutes. And certainly no notification that I couldn’t trade the stock today!

okapimoon

1 Like

Mykie, aren’t you at IB? Why not just buy it straight off the TSE? Ticker AVO.

Thanks Neil,
I called IB today and they gave me the same symbol (AVO) and explained how I could order it…tomorrow.

Alls well that ends well even if it’s costing me 3-4 points more.
Mykie

Not sure what’s wrong with your broker.

Thanks,

I called the broker earlier and I was using the wrong symbol, viz., AIOCF. They said use AVO which I will do manana.

I thought that was automatic at IB but I guess it’s different depending upon the brokerage.
Mykie

I trade it with the pink sheets AIOCF. I can not trade it as a market trade, but a limit trade works fine, and is better with a low volume stock for sure.

1 Like