Basic Rules of the Board

I set this board up for the discussion of individual stocks with a buy and hold orientation. The basic rules are set out right in the beginning of the Knowledgebase. Sometimes we get off track and onto subjects which don’t fit. A few comments on a thread is okay, but long threads which take over the board are a no-no! Please take the thread on the Shortcomings of CAPE and Isn’t it time to sell? to a TA boards or market timing boards where they will be welcome!

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Saul

Here’s the relevant section from the Knowldgebase.

## Basic Rules of the Board

Yes, there are some off-topic subjects that don’t belong on the board.

What comes to mind off the top of my hat are subjects like politics, like extended discussions of technical analysis, or option trading subjects, or like how to cultivate apple orchards (after the initial two or three posts), or private humorous conversations (also after the initial two or three posts). That’s just a few, but you get the idea. There’s nothing wrong with these topics and there are other places where they’d be welcome, but they don’t fit with this board. Expressions of anger because people disagree with you about a stock are definitely out of place here.

34 Likes

Please take the thread on the Shortcomings of CAPE and Isn’t it time to sell? to a TA boards or market timing boards where they will be welcome!

This is an odd request, for two reasons. First, both threads are probably pretty much done. Second, you participated in both. And multiple times, mostly for the duration, in one of them.

Some hybrid of buyer’s remorse and closing the barn door after the horse has bolted?

kelbon

25 Likes

Thank you, Saul!

The “shortcomings of CAPE” and market timing are of no interest to me.

Let’s not clutter up our wonderful and unique stock specific discussion board.

Thanks to all,

Jim

6 Likes

Not every discussion needs to be of interest to every reader.

I think the core part of the CAPE discussion belonged here because the issue of general market timing and signals for it is a recurrent, if not core, theme and this was new and significant input on that issue. But, the discussion then moved into “you’re wrong and I’m right” territory and that type of thing doesn’t belong anywhere except a slug-em-out political board. It also went on longer than fit the primary theme of this board, but I suspect that was mostly because it became personal.

5 Likes