Big Upcoming Pentagon Cloud Computing Contract

This is from a recent “Stocks to Watch” page at Seeking Alpha:

Cloud wars: The Government Accountability Office is due to make a decision on Oracle’s (NYSE:ORCL) challenge of the Pentagon’s winner-take-all cloud computing contract. IBM (NYSE:IBM) is also protesting the one winner concept that covers ten years of cloud services for the Department of Defense. Staying pretty quiet on the issue is Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), with the e-commerce giant seen as the top contender to win the massive Jedi cloud computer contract, although Wedbush Securities tipped that Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is gaining ground.

Google must be in contention, too, no?

IBM used to be the one that got this kind of contract, and would then proceed to cost too much while providing substandard, non-waranteed service. This is what happened with my state’s health insurance system. From the way things went the last time I renewed my car registration (I got an extra year free, and the clerk noted that this wasn’t the first time she saw that), that was probably an IBM system, too.

That’s one of the many things I like about the discussions here - a business’s customer satisfaction is taken into account.

4 Likes

Google must be in contention, too, no?
Google did not bid for this contract citing their company ethical principles.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/08/google-will-not-bid-for-th…

2 Likes