Biotricity (BTCY) gets FDA 510(k) Clearance

Technology users are the greatest beneficiaries of high tech. It will be interesting to watch how well BTCY does against market leader BEAT

Biotricity Achieves FDA 510(k) Clearance for its Bioflux Device
GlobeNewswire•December 18, 2017

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 18, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Biotricity Inc. (OTCQB:BTCY), a medical diagnostic and consumer healthcare technology company dedicated to delivering innovative, biometric remote monitoring solutions, has received its 510(k) clearance for its Bioflux device with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This latest 510(k) is the final FDA requirement needed for Biotricity to bring to market Bioflux in the US.

Bioflux consists of a proprietary mobile ECG monitoring device and an ECG viewer software package, that enables physicians to remotely monitor and diagnose patients with cardiovascular coronary heart disease by detecting and transmitting probable arrhythmias, along with other diagnostic heart information. The remote monitoring solution can be utilized for early detection and we believe is an example of the growing shift in healthcare towards a preventative system.

Biotricity has started its first production run of the Bioflux solution. With large scale manufacturing already in place, the company is primed to begin mass production. “We are ready to hit the ground running,” said Waqaas Al-Siddiq, Founder and CEO of Biotricity. “With our manufacturing infrastructure fully developed, we expect to be able to bring the Bioflux solution to market imminently.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biotricity-achieves-fda-510-k…

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

presumably the software includes some automated ECG reading because it would take a doctor a long time to go through 24 hours worth of ECG readings looking for that minute of abnormal readings. I used to own BEAT, sold it. Think I will add BTCY to my watch list. I like thatthey has thought about manufacturing a real world product , which is offers not the case in lab based companies.

presumably the software includes some automated ECG reading because it would take a doctor a long time to go through 24 hours worth of ECG readings looking for that minute of abnormal readings.

I believe the software has to have some degree of AI to it. BEAT mentioned having huge amounts of data which I would assume is AI related.

Why did you sell BEAT? Betting against the market leader is usually not a good idea.

I like that they has thought about manufacturing a real world product, which is offers not the case in lab based companies.

Also they are addressing areas already covered by insurance, vital to medical outfits. Sounds like they are business savvy.

Denny Schlesinger

and getting hammered for it appraently

and getting hammered for it appraently

Buy the rumor, sell the news. Yesterday intraday it went up to $19.50! Today high 11.00, low 6.11 – volatility is my name! I warned about an OTC penny stock startup. LOL

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

Sold BEAT because I have finite funds and found something I liked better.

BEAT has gone nowhere the last 6 months.

I am not betting against this leader but trying to put the money into another leader in another field.

Sold BEAT because I have finite funds and found something I liked better.

BEAT has gone nowhere the last 6 months.

I am not betting against this leader but trying to put the money into another leader in another field.

This is exactly the kind of trade I’m trying to avoid. BEAT’s story has not changed and I don’t believe I’ve made a mistake so there is no justification for selling, what az5speedy asked me about. Over the past 34 days BEAT is up 30% and they announced a collaboration with Apple.

BioTelemetry, Inc. Enters Agreement to Provide Cardiac Monitoring for Apple’s Heart Study
GlobeNewswire•November 30, 2017

MALVERN, Pa., Nov. 30, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – BioTelemetry, Inc. (BEAT), the leading mobile and wireless medical technology company focused on the delivery of health information to improve quality of life and reduce cost of care, announced today a partnership with Apple (AAPL) to provide cardiac monitoring services in conjunction with the Apple Heart Study. The study, which launched today, is expected to discover undiagnosed irregular heart rhythms, such as atrial fibrillation, using the Apple Watch and the dedicated “Apple Heart Study” App.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biotelemetry-inc-enters-agree…

Apple is pretty choosy about who they deal with and this is an affirmation that BEAT is the undisputed leader in remote heart monitoring. When I’ve tried to make the kinds of trade you are talking about I generally don’t do so well, for starters I sell at the bottom. :frowning:

I hope your timing is better!

Denny Schlesinger

1 Like

My timing is a lot better at buying than at selling. I think once you own a stock it becomes “your company” no matter how hard you try to avoid that. And of course you are optimistic about it or you would not have bought it in the first place.

But all in all I have done fairly well rotating out of the stock lowest on my conviction list. Into higher conviction ones. They are all good companies, I don’t buy possible turn arounds or “cigar butt” bargains. Admittedly “conviction” tends to be distressingly subjective.