BOFI and Non-Gaap Earnings

I’m having trouble replicating Saul’s computations for BOFI’s non-GAAP earnings. I am using the core earnings as reported by BOFI and dividing by the diluted shares outstanding.
When I do this for the last four quarters, I get a TTM earnings of 5, but Saul listed his TTM as 4.88. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing different?

Thanks,

Rodney

I get a TTM earnings of 5, but Saul listed his TTM as 4.88. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing different?

In your Excel spreadsheet, highlight the cell in question, then go to the Home Menu, go to the Number sub-menu, find the little icon that shows the number of decimal places being increased, and click it twice.

Who knows? This might help.

Good luck,

Rich

CED

2 Likes

I get a TTM earnings of 5, but Saul listed his TTM as 4.88. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing different?

It could also be that there is a difference in the denominator. One could use quarterly WA shares, annual WA shares or end of period shares, all of which could be found on the reports.

DJ

I’m having trouble replicating Saul’s computations for BOFI’s non-GAAP earnings. I am using the core earnings as reported by BOFI and dividing by the diluted shares outstanding.
When I do this for the last four quarters, I get a TTM earnings of 5, but Saul listed his TTM as 4.88. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing different? Thanks, Rodney

Rodney, I just use the earnings they give for each quarter. They arrive at each quarter’s EPS by dividing the net income for the quarter by the average number of shares outstanding during THAT quarter. YOU divided by the number of shares qt a fixed time, the average for THIS quarter. Perhaps they retired some shares during the past year, and the number of shares is slightly less. Use the EPS that they are kind enough to give you.

Saul

Thank you Saul.

Rodney