Bruce Willis now relevant to TCoP

He announced he has been diagnosed w/aphasia and is retiring from acting. Apparently he’s had cognitive issues for a while. So I think he must have primary progressive aphasia(what DH has), since I don’t remember hearing of Bruce having a stroke or head injury, which could cause more common, and can be temporary, aphasia.

My husband continued teaching for ~6 years after diagnosis (yes, way).

ASIDE
The county council agency on aging was sending a rep to my house this afternoon, but she’s running late (will collide w/the hubster’s final OT appt) and will come next week.

The rep was supposed to evaluate?

Be sure to discontinue his meds for a while prior, and maybe give him keppra. From what you describe, there won’t be any question during the evaluation that you need help.

(only half-joking)

The county council agency on aging was sending a rep to my house this afternoon, but she’s running late (will collide w/the hubster’s final OT appt) and will come next week.

Fingers crossed for helpful results!!!

=sheila

I saw that re Bruce Willis and immediately thought of you and hubster.

I bet he’s had the diagnosis for a little while but it’s starting to get worse (his last few movies were kind of stinkers and I joked to DBF that he must be padding his retirement account. I wonder now if he was trying to get in what he could when he could).

Tough on him and his family, as we well know from observing your story.

1 Like

"The county council agency on aging was sending a rep to my house this afternoon, but she’s running late (will collide w/the hubster’s final OT appt) and will come next week. "

What is the agency sending a rep to do? And what kind of agency? County services tend to be
somewhat spotty from what I have seen in the Upstate.

Howie52
Have they determined OT is not able to help or is memory blocking the session?

1 Like

To see if we qualify for any services.

1 Like

Poor guy has had cognitive issues, not simple stroke-induced aphasia, for a while. The only silver lining to the Willis family’s dark cloud is that it might bring attention to PPA, which not even all health care workers have heard of.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022…

I saw Charlton Heston waiting with his aide at the luggage carousel at an airport when he was moderately along w/Alzheimers, I think in the 80s. I nodded to acknowledge him, but he looked lost :frowning:

Fitness, good diet, good health cannot protect you from dementia. Although I read the other day that high blood sugar and cholesterol in your 30s is a risj factor for ALZ (or perhaps dementia generally, I forget).