Carl Ichan in big pig fight

Carl Icahn launches proxy fight with McDonald’s over treatment of pigs
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/20/carl-icahn-launches-proxy-fi…

Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has started a proxy fight with McDonald’s over its treatment of pigs, pushing for two board seats at the global fast food giant.

The corporate raider has pushed McDonald’s to require all its U.S. suppliers to move to “crate-free” pork, according to the release.

When Wall Street’s robber barons start championing the plight of farm animals, something’s going on.

intercst

4 Likes

When Wall Street’s robber barons start championing the plight of farm animals, something’s going on.

And when a Jewish Wall Street robber baron starts championing pigs, something’s not kosher!

AW

15 Likes

And when a Jewish Wall Street robber baron starts championing pigs, something’s not kosher!

Money is always kosher, halal.

The Captain

3 Likes

…and my Jewish mother-in-law long ago explained to me that chinese barbecue pork and a few other ethnic “transformational” techniques somehow create a used-to-be-but-no-longer-is-pork hallal substance.

:wink:

david fb

3 Likes

…and my Jewish mother-in-law long ago explained to me that chinese barbecue pork and a few other ethnic “transformational” techniques somehow create a used-to-be-but-no-longer-is-pork hallal substance.

Is that a form of transubstantiation?

DB2

1 Like

Is that a form of transubstantiation?

sure seems to be, but I would never have risked her wrath by using the term.

She was, despite mostly keeping Kosher, a radical atheist psychologist who kept scores.

david fb

So she liked musicals?

1 Like

So she liked musicals?

LOL.

Nope. But she loved opera and in fact did have an interesting collection of opera scores. She was a very highly skilled pianist; I am sitting next to what had been her piano, an ancient and stunningly beautiful sounding but hideous looking Baldwin baby grand that became my husbands as he outdid her musically. She and I bonded over opera, happily arguing over the dominant singers of her middle life and old age that overlapped with those of my childhood into middle age.

david fb

1 Like