CBM News? ... behind an expensive wall

Can’t help noticing CBM is off a cool 9% today. They don’t report earnings until Thursday before opening, and the only news I see is last night’s release of a report titled, “Global Biotech API Consumption 2016 Market Research Report”:

https://www.themarketreports.com/report/global-biotech-api-c…

The report contains profiles of many industry players (including Cambrex) with sales volumes, revenues, margins and market share. But it costs $4,000 for an individual user copy (which is more than I have invested in CBM!). Any Fools out there have access to this report? Any nuggets/highlights you can share to give us a hint on whether this is a massive overreaction before earnings or a preview of bad news to come on Thursday and in the future?

It’s one level of frustration to take a serious beating for the 4th earnings season in a row; it’s another to take the beating without even knowing from where the blows are coming.

They call me,
Mr TBS

2 Likes

I assume the CBM drop is the result of Gilead’s disappointing results. Gilead, a Cambrex customer, was down over 8 percent today.

Ah, of course. Sorry I missed that.

You’re right, Gilead is a huge customer of Cambrex–accounted for 34.5% of 2015 sales. An 11.5% CBM decline might be a bit of an overreaction, but I do expect we’ll hear more discussion Thursday about Gilead’s impact.

They call me,
Mr TBS