changed mah mind

A couple weeks ago I sold out of UBNT. Then, about an hour later I bought right back in. Same day.

Nothing changed about Ubiquity Networks that day. Nothing has changed since. It was just me having a crazy little irrational sell & buy spasm. One minute I thought I was tired of waiting for this stock to “show me the money”. 30 minutes later I changed my mind. Nothing had changed then. Nothing has changed since then. Except UBNT is up 5% or 6%.

There was a time when I would not have allowed myself to do something like that. But part of Saul’s Modified buy and hold has introduced me to a certain freedom that I had not been allowing myself. Now I feel free to have herky jerky irrational spasms any time I want !..:slight_smile: Nobody is looking over my shoulder.

Saul routinely changes his mind. So can I.

A herky jerky move by me, from time to time means nothing. The main thing is to stay invested. And get better results than the market indices.

Thanks to Saul for MBAH.

My portfolio is up 1.34 % right now and has been up every day for the last two or 3 days, in spite of market red ink. I’m sure many of you have experienced the same thing.

YTD…I’m up 34.13%
last 12 months up 44.18%

Current holdings are: TSLA, SHOP, NVDA, LGIH, ANET, TLND, AMZN, AAPL, UBNT, SPLK

In the past I always held 18 to 22 positions. Nothing wrong with that either. Just harder now for me to follow that many.

I have been investing with TMF since 2011 and have managed to beat the markets every year since. Hope I can keep it up.

Best to all,
Frank

22 Likes

And I’m not listening to William Devane !

:slight_smile:

Hopefully you didn’t cause any negative tax implications from that spasms regarding short-term vs. long-term or with wash sale rules.

Hopefully you didn’t cause any negative tax implications from that spasms regarding short-term vs. long-term or with wash sale rules

No, not on this one. I had no gains. Thats why I sold it. Bought back in because I re-thought why I was in it to begin with. I think, there will be gains going forward with UBNT.

But your point is well made volfan84 and I have always been careful over the years in managing capital gains. The hurky jerkiness I engage in :slight_smile: is always confined to stocks that I have not owned long enough to have accrued meaningful tax ramifications.