Christmas (stock) list!

Here’s what I’ve been adding to in today’s sale, and a check in on valuation!

AYX - PS down to 19 after highs over 23

MDB - PS down to 19 after highs near 23

OKTA - PS down to 17 after highs near 21

TWLO - PS down to 15 after highs over 19

Just a matter of days ago they were reaching all time highs after turning in fantastic quarters with accelerating growth. Nothing has changed with the companies in a week or two…just the valuations.

Happy bargain shopping!

Bear

PS - I still love Wix, New Relic, and others, but they’re not down quite as much, and I’ve got plenty.

18 Likes

I’m not sure this the best time to buy shares. As I type, Bloomberg is reporting (heavily) on the doings in Washington. At present, Trump is meeting with the GOP leadership and it’s being reported a government shutdown is a very real possibility. If so, there will be a BAWOOSH down (if past history is any indication). The good news is that a shut down wouldn’t last long and it would end with a sharp rebound.

I made a good deal of money the last time this happened. I bought shares during the shutdown and profited handsomely afterwards. Who knows? A shutdown may not happen and the Market may rebound by the end of the day. I’m just sitting tight.

3 Likes

My alarm is set for PS <8.

🆁🅶🅱

1 Like

I’m not sure this the best time to buy shares. As I type, Bloomberg is reporting (heavily) on the doings in Washington. At present, Trump is meeting with the GOP leadership and it’s being reported a government shutdown is a very real possibility. If so, there will be a BAWOOSH down (if past history is any indication). The good news is that a shut down wouldn’t last long and it would end with a sharp rebound.

I made a good deal of money the last time this happened. I bought shares during the shutdown and profited handsomely afterwards. Who knows? A shutdown may not happen and the Market may rebound by the end of the day. I’m just sitting tight.

Putnid, as you know, we don’t discuss market timing here. But this sounds like blood in the streets! …which is the perfect time to buy. Things can always get cheaper as we all know. But if you let fear be the reason not to buy, you might wait until prices recover.

What I do is buy some now. Maybe buy more later.

Bear

PS - I’ll give you the last word if you like, but let’s end this OT conversation.

6 Likes

My comments are not about market timing but a substantive shift in market valuations. The P/S of these stocks is still in nose bleed territory, not bargain territory. the bad news for me is that they represent large holdings. If the algorithms used by the hedge funds have shifted, then recovery may be a difficult path.

3 Likes