Cisco tried to buy DataDog

and was rebuffed. That’s gotta say something.

From MarketWatch

Cisco Systems Inc. CSCO, +0.34% once again tried to swoop in and acquire a company as it ramped up for an initial public offering, but failed this time with a premium-valued bid for Datadog Inc. DDOG, +0.00%, according to a report late Wednesday. With cloud-monitoring company Datadog set to price its IPO Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that Cisco tried to scoop up the company for more than $7 billion. Datadog set its IPO pricing range at $24 to $26 a share on Tuesday, up from a previous range of $19 to $22 a share. Back in 2017, Cisco agreed to acquire data startup AppDynamics for $3.7 billion just before its IPO. Datadog rebuffed the offer and committed to its IPO, according to Bloomberg.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cisco-tried-to-scoop-up-da…

Jeb

3 Likes

Cisco Systems Inc. CSCO, +0.34% once again tried to swoop in and acquire a company as it ramped up for an initial public offering, but failed this time with a premium-valued bid for Datadog Inc. DDOG, +0.00%, according to a report late Wednesday. With cloud-monitoring company Datadog set to price its IPO Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that Cisco tried to scoop up the company for more than $7 billion. Datadog set its IPO pricing range at $24 to $26 a share on Tuesday, up from a previous range of $19 to $22 a share. Back in 2017, Cisco agreed to acquire data startup AppDynamics for $3.7 billion just before its IPO. Datadog rebuffed the offer and committed to its IPO, according to Bloomberg.

It’s trading at about $12 billion out of the gate for a P/S of about 26 times forward revenues.

That’s richer than any of my current stocks.

Dave

2 Likes

Thanks DAVE for all the facts…also why I think DDOG will be a good buy when it has a price drop because I am a longtime CSCO stock owner and they have to know. stj