Clearly not team players?

Good to have money to throw away on principals?

If I was manager I would fire their useless butts.

Tim <but that’s just me>

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2022/07/11/phillies-unvaccin…

4 Phillies won’t be in Toronto because of vaccination status

Tim Kelly - Yesterday 5:29 PM

6 Likes

In the NBA, Kyrie Irving plays for the Brooklyn Nets. He would not get vaxed. For the majority of
the season, NYC had a rule that a person had to be vaxed in order to work in the city. So Irving
sat out all home games, until NYC rescinded the rule near the end of the season.

His teammates publicly supported him, but I can just imagine how unhappy they were with him
in private. They of course had to pick up extra minutes every home game, because Irving was at home
watching on TV. That wears a body down over a long season, and the Nets had a lousy season, and
a quick exit from the real season, the playoffs.

For the most part, pro athletes are young men, so there are going to be public missteps in their
conduct. But when they get to be 30 years old, there should be some semblance of maturity on their
part.

11 Likes

But when they get to be 30 years old, there should be some semblance of maturity on their
part.

Who needs maturity when you have millions in the bank?

1 Like

4 Phillies won’t be in Toronto because of vaccination status

I haven’t kept up with what countries/states/cities require what vaccination proof. Two biggest problems I have noted in the past: one, seemed no one was taking into account natural immunity, i.e., you already had COVID prior to the vaccine, and two, we are on variant number what now? and requiring a vaccine for alpha seems a little outdated.

To each their own. I’m sure somewhere in the CBA (collective bargaining agreement) there are rules about if they get paid for games they are missing in this fashion. What would be more interesting is if Toronto makes the playoffs and opponents still have unvaccinated players.

JLC