Close sign language window

In some videos, there is a small rectangle window in the lower right corner* which a sign language interpretation keeps pace with whatever is going on in the main window. Is there any way to close that little window> I think it is great that it is available for the hearing impaired, but sometimes it covers something in the main window that one would like to see. I have tried clicking and right clicking on various things to no avail.

• This is contrast with some videos where the screen has been specifically designed to accommodate a window for sign language, so it isn’t covering anything.

Sounds like you have a 3rd party “Sign Language” app that is doing an overlay? Does this sound right? Do you have people who use this machine that need sign language?

So, what videos are you seeing this on? Youtube? Tictok? 3rd party vids? Any/ALL vids? I don’t quite understand what you’re seeing… please provide more details.

2 Likes

No, this is not something I am doing. Some videos, e.g., the most recent of the 6 Jan Committee hearings come this way.

FYI - Whenever looking for help, those that want to help need ALL the information, computer, operating system. software involved, browser or whatever is going on at the time, what URL, so others can see if they see the same, memory, free hard or SSD space, last time it was OK, backups, hardware, else it’s all just a guessing game…

2 Likes

The issue is in multiple URLs in multiple browsers on Windows, but I expect also applies to other OS as well. An example is the 6 Jan hearings. E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4535-VW-bY

I see the ASL window as you described, at the link you provided. It is part of the video, not an add-on.

However I think this is the same video without the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEPMfjRrFTs

2 Likes

In the case of the 6 Jan Committee hearings, there are undoubtedly many sources for the same video … but that is not generally the case. I picked this video as an example because it came immediately to mind as a recent example and, of course, because it is what is on the official 6 Jan Committee channel. But, the problem occurs irregularly and repeatedly, often with things far less likely to come from multiple sources.

But, the problem occurs irregularly and repeatedly, often with things far less likely to come from multiple sources.

If the only version of the video has an embedded box with an interpreter, then that’s the only version.
It isn’t a separate thing that can be closed/minimized.

1 Like

It isn’t a separate thing that can be closed/minimized.

That’s what I was afraid of, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

But, the problem occurs irregularly and repeatedly, often with things far less likely to come from multiple sources.

OK, lets see... humans created all of this, right? Humans are flawed, right? That's all I can say to this.

Sorry man but we humans are a really screwed up lifeform. If you want "perfect", might need to search for this on another planet. It does not exist here... (*I also have to put up with this*)

[ww.literally.pl/Iamincluded///Ihatewhenyoucanseeaproblem.wit...](http://ww.literally.pl/Iamincluded///Ihatewhenyoucanseeaproblem.withoutANYsolutation/)
1 Like

Interesting, I don’t see any signing option, CC only, on my old Mac, Mojave using Safari… even out to full screen on this 32" Dell monitor…

Hopefully someone else does & can help…

I mis-spoke, I do see the ASL window after all, I guess I was looking for an option, not imbedded…

Were there an option, then I wouldn’t have had to ask the question! :slight_smile: