Clowns

Who let all these recession talking clowns :clown_face: on here?

This board is for high growth stocks. Not for clowns trying to scare people into selling; because they missed the boat :rowing_man:???

12 Likes

I don’t see a recession on the horizon, assuming no sudden shock like nuclear war. But you can take it to the bank there will be multiple market corrections over the years. That phenomenon has not been somehow made obsolete or no longer operative.

Who let all these recession talking clowns :clown_face: on here?

This board is for high growth stocks. Not for clowns trying to scare people into selling; because they missed the boat :rowing_man:??? – roach

Have you ever had a significant (to you) sum of money in the market during a significant downturn? I wouldn’t think you would refer to people who are expressing caution as clowns if that were the case.

Regardless, I’d suggest you print a copy of your post and come back to review it in 20 or 30 years. Self reflection can be a good thing. :slight_smile:

Rob
Rule Breaker / Market Pass Home Fool & STMP/MTH Maintenance Coverage Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

29 Likes

I’m not going to get involved in thee debate at this time, but I would point out that it is financially healthy to pay attention to risks and not assume that because “everyone” says something is true that it will always remain so. It’s given that markets will revert to the mean over time. So there are only two questions:

1. When is that time?

2. Will the particular stocks we are discussing participate in that correction - and if so, with less, the same or more volatility than the broader market. Depending on your views on this, market timing strategies might make sense to use in parallel.

Investing without doubt is far more dangerous than objectively discussing potential problems.

Make money out there - but keep it as well.

Jeff

4 Likes