COVID-19: outdoor transmission risk

Just how much lower is the outdoor transmission risk compared to the indoor transmission risk?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/briefing/outdoor-covid-tr…

Given that outdoor events like fireworks, festivals, etc. are coming up, I’m wondering just how overstated the risk has been.

1 Like

Given that outdoor events like fireworks, festivals, etc. are coming up, I’m wondering just how overstated the risk has been.

Stay to windward of the crowd.

The Captain

2 Likes

I’m wondering just how overstated the risk has been.

I would say it has been way overstated. Not saying it can’t happen, but very low risk.

Why? Think of all the “returning to normal” football, baseball, concerts, etc. in packed stadiums. Don’t recall them being labeled as foci of massive outbreaks.

Did read an article about the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and saying it was a spreader event but there was a major flaw in the accounting.

JLC - more worried about drunk drivers from such events than COVID

2 Likes

Such outdoor events as mentioned often have dangerous accompanyng spaces such as celebrative bars, churches, and etc…

Stay way away and as the Captain understated stay to windward (for the landlubbers that means stay where the air is before it gets to the idiots most likely to be infected).

david fb
(an experienced “pressed” hand)

1 Like