Deep Dive: Invitae

CMF Swift,
From a business perspective I think NVTA is hitting it out of the park. I was also intrigued by Todd Campbell’s Industry Focus podcast on it. We may all benefit from their wide array of screening someday.

Important disclaimer: I will not discuss the politics of my comments.

I think it is critical to point out one aspect of this investment: prenatal testing. Prenatal testing may lead to many abortions. I think this should be highlighted on the list of what they do.

https://www.invitae.com/en/prenatal-diagnosis/

As a Christian, I try to avoid investments largely related tobacco, gambling, abortion, or anything I think might be hurtful to people. I am not judging anyone as evil or misguided that doesn’t invest like I do, but I want people to have the information to make the correct investment decision for themselves. I appreciate your hard work highlighting a potential investment. Post like yours are what helps to make this board great. This probably going to be a great investment, but not for me.

Best,

bulwnkl

5 Likes

Similar to the Square thread about seeing Square POS/Readers…I want to comment on Invitae. I am in the medical field, and have been seeing a growing number of testing done for patients for genetic disorders/syndromes. The lab listed on top of these test results, you guessed it, was Invitae. Individuals are getting diagnosed with major diagnoses that effect themselves and potential family members via this testing. Even the tests that are equivocal, show the potential that Invitae will get better as their sample size gets larger. I have taken a position in this stock recently. My outlook is that this is a long-term play that once becomes it’s testing become more common and continues to become cheaper, the stock will rise very quickly. My two cents, FWIW. Thank you.

7 Likes