I’ve been keeping a short list of companies I want to dig into more for a couple months now. I am sure many of you are familiar with some of these names so I wanted to bring them to the board to see if anyone has any insights or comments.
Here’s some brief facts:
1. Atlassian (TEAM)
- Australian based provider of enterprise software.
- Spends a lot of R&D rather than S&M. Moat may be simply making superior products.
- Their main product is JIRA, a collaboration tool amongst software developers.
2. GrubHub (GRUB)
- Company behind food delivery, heavy competition.
- Had an incredible latest quarter though.
3. CarGurus (CARG)
- Marketplace for used cars.
- Super high gross margin.
4. Autohome (ATHM)
- Chinese based marketplace for used cars.
- Much bigger than BitAuto, a company that has been brought to this board before.