DocuSign

Fwiw, unusual for me to have to sign two different contracts on the same day from two different Companies. Since being retired, nice to have less work. But what interested me was that I had to use DocuSign for the signatures from both these Companies and it was so easy. When completed, received a call that all was good and I asked the lady on the phone when she started using them. About 6 months ago and she stated it had completely changed their lives and saved them hours if not days to get contracts exchanged and completed. They are a large International travel agency. Plus, most of the lawyers and realtors in their building she claimed were using them. Reminded me of the early days three to four years ago when nobody heard of Square(albeit at 7 bucks)and they first ordered it for my local coffee shop and then I started seeing it everywhere…

Sold out near the top last year with Square but did a small tryout in December with Docu and added in Jan due to many good articles written here and elsewhere. Think it was also a rec by TMF.

Time will tell…so far, so good though.

26 Likes

I too just bought a starter position in DOCU. It’s not exactly the kind of company I typically invest in, but I can see that they have a huge opportunity before them - or so it appears to me. My accountant uses an electronic signature, but I don’t think it’s Docusign. Next time I have an exchange with her, I’ll pay more attention.

Kind of kicking myself in that I’ve used this (or similar) technology for about two years now and never thought to look into it as an investment. It has greatly simplified and accelerated the process of signing legal documents.

2 Likes

Kind of kicking myself in that I’ve used this (or similar) technology for about two years now and never thought to look into it as an investment.

Well I wouldn’t spend too long doing that Brittlerock. There wouldn’t have been a lot of investing to have had 2 years ago.

DocuSign only went public 9 months ago. Hello Sign and Sign Now (the other 2 I have been using for work) have remained private (although Dropbox has just acquired HelloSign).

As far as Docusign goes you haven’t had an entry point as good as this most of the trading time since IPO.

Ant

3 Likes

As far as Docusign goes you haven’t had an entry point as good as this most of the trading time since IPO.

I bought DOCU on Jan 11 as it looked like it was breaking out of the trading range. The breakout is ongoing.

Denny Schlesinger

2 Likes

changed their lives and saved them hours if not days to get contracts exchanged and completed.

This is a key point people must not miss. You are not just saving some FedEx and Copy machine money, you are saving time, and time is money.

As noted before, when I was looking at property in Destin, FL, I asked the realtor is she used Docusign, she did and loved it. Saved her hours a day with all the transaction she was doing.

Pete. (small long)

3 Likes

Yeh but my realto uses Sign Now and my business services guys use Hello Sign. I don’t think there is a network effect for Docu in real estate or any vertical (for eSignatures). I use 3 in parallel and inter-exchangably (if that’s a word). SoA maybe different but I don’t see eSignatures having a moat for anyone unless it becomes a security, regulatory or platform de facto standard.
A

1 Like