DQ to offer stackburger

“ Dairy Queen is expanding its burger offerings as the fast-food chain looks beyond Blizzards and other desserts.”

The stackburger is really big!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/29/dairy-queen-launches-stackbu…

2 Likes

I’m getting older and fatter, so I try to limit myself to 1500 calories per day. A triple Stackburger has 1020 calories! (But it looks pretty good)

Does anyone else here use one of the calorie counting apps available? They seem to work fairly well to help me concentrate on what I’m putting into my body.

1 Like

Does anyone else here use one of the calorie counting apps available?

Several years ago I developed a nifty Excel spreadsheet for tracking my weight, Including an attractive chart. At the time I felt I was a bit overweight. Since then I’ve measured my weight before showering on a near daily basis, and entered the value into the spreadsheet. Simply keeping an eye on it resulted in a fairly rapid return to what I considered to be my ‘ideal’ weight, and maintenance at that level since. This represented about a 15% weight loss.

My only other remediation is to keep a close eye on the portions of food I put on my plate. This has been quite painless, as it evokes no sense of deprivation whatsoever.

Tom

2 Likes

I’m getting older and fatter, so I try to limit myself to 1500 calories per day. A triple Stackburger has 1020 calories! (But it looks pretty good)

Does anyone else here use one of the calorie counting apps available? They seem to work fairly well to help me concentrate on what I’m putting into my body.

Only 1500 calories per day? Are you sure that’s enough? I tried counting calories on a few select days because I was curious. I’m typically between 1700 and 1800 calories per day in summer. In winter, I’m at more like 3000+. I once counted calories on a bitterly cold day and came up with over 3400.

In my opinion, Cronometer is the best calorie counting app because it includes vitamins and minerals. I was pleased to find that I get plenty of magnesium and don’t even need a supplement. I cannot understand why people like MyFitnessPal so much, because it doesn’t go beyond macros.

Dairy Queen is expanding its burger offerings as the fast-food chain looks beyond Blizzards and other desserts.
I’ve always liked the cool treats better than the hot eats. There are better places for burgers, fries, and chicken tenders. Then again, I’m not sure if I’ll still like that kind of food in the future given that my taste buds have likely changed as a result of avoiding all junk food due to the pandemic.

I’ve been avoiding all junk foods and restaurant foods for nearly 2 years. Unhealthy foods weaken the immune system and are pro-inflammatory. A weaker immune system is less able to fight off viruses. The inflammation means more risk of the deadly cytokine/bradykinin storm and more risk of long COVID. All these dangers can come into fruition LONG BEFORE the arteries clog up.

At the same time, I’ve added or increased the healthy superfoods in my diet.

I figure I’ll have plenty of time for junk foods and restaurant foods after the pandemic. I suspect that many of my favorites won’t taste as good (due to changes in my taste buds), and I suspect that the side effects (food coma and excessive thirst) will be more pronounced (due to changes in my gut microbiome).

Although I’ve never had a weight issue, I’ve found that my all-healthy-food diet has enhanced my summer weight loss AND reduced my winter weight gain. In spite of my recent winter weight gain, I’m still 20 pounds lighter now than I was in March 2020. Yes, I’ve managed to roll back years of weight gain. Take that, Biggest Loser, Weight Watchers, Nutri System, Jenny Craig, Keto, Paleo, Slim Fast, Dexatrim, and Whole 30!

In my opinion, Cronometer is the best calorie counting app because it includes vitamins and minerals. I was pleased to find that I get plenty of magnesium and don’t even need a supplement. I cannot understand why people like MyFitnessPal so much, because it doesn’t go beyond macros.

I used Cronometer for a couple of years, it’s very good. But even Cronometer doesn’t show all the micronutrients you need!
I began to use it because I went on a vegan diet because I wanted to eat healthier and to loose some weight. It worked out very well, lost 110lbs weight. Now I have a a nice Wagyu Steak or Burger every weekend and eat the helathy stuff during the week, works for me.

1 Like

Add some cold showers and fasting, especially fasting.