Earnings Releases

TMDX (remember them!?!?) up over 30% in AH.

Glad I sold that one!

Dreamer <— ace trader

Dreamer,

They could have easily gone down by 40% as well…just goes to show how much a stock can be moved by shorting and shorts covering…

Charlie

TMDX is having a massive AH short squeeze. The stock is 19% shorted with a 7 days to cover ratio. Will have to see where the stock settles by end of next week.

2 Likes

Enterprise software doing good suddenly after confluent bad report … today good results from Ddog 25% ,
Ayx 18% up pre market …

I am adding my Mndy and smar positions to check my luck

2 Likes

Datadog up 25%. Nice timing on the market, KC. How many pennies did you make on those 125 shares???

I might follow Venumadi on MNDY.

KC

1 Like

back to Sept 2020 levels…exciting!
Of course their market cap probably 50% higher since then, thanks to stock comp.

Dreamer

the FOMO is strong out there today, but I am ignoring it all.
I don’t care what anyone says, or if this lasts for weeks or months, but we aren’t going back to a high-P/S 2019-2021 type valuation nonsense with a weakening economy and recession on horizon. Fading all of it (mentally if not actually shorting).

CFLT must be good again. HCP and GTLB…c’mon.
DOCN and MTTR? Really?
When I see the junk flying high with the supposed studs, I just say the whole market is being unreasonable at moment.

Are we really getting excited about AYX…again?

TMDX up 60%. Sheesh.

Dreamer

3 Likes

Meanwhile one of the other board favorite, CELH, is down after delivering good earnings results. I have not listen to the CC yet, prolly this weekend.

3 Likes

But, but…CELH has also announced a stock split…that is surely bullish, right?

3 Likes

Sometimes stocks go down too much. TMDX detractors had been assuming the airline play was going to be a huge mistake for TMDX, but they disproved that (at least so far) in their results, so they made back a bunch of the past 3 months drop… still a bunch to go, though.

2 Likes

UPST down 28%. AFRM and PGY down a little bit in sympathy. Missed revenue and earnings. Volatility is just insane.

KC (no position in UPST or AFRM, 1% in PGY).

2 Likes

I am really rethinking all the fanboy atocks of past 5-6 years.

Go check out a 5-year chart on MGNI or APPS tomorrow.

Plus BILL down another 11% in AH due to news they are buying another company. Reeks of TWLO.

Honestly…what stocks are up in a meaningful way since 2015-2016 or so?

TTD
ZS
MDB

PANW

NVDA
META
MSFT
GOOG
AMZN

MNST
TSLA

Kind of feels like we all should have just stuck with FANG stocks.

Dreamer

9 Likes

TTD guided less and wacked big 30%… with elections round the corner, do not you think it’s opportunity to add?

4 Likes

This is now part of the broken toys :frowning: I have a position in TTD but will buy a trading position. You are correct that this will be good next year with the elections coming.

Just my 2 cents
Johnny

2 Likes

On TTD - i kept warning that their price and mkt cap made no sense to me, since the crazy ramp in late 2020z

I sold at split-adjusted $27.50 in Jan 2020.

Have stubbornly been waiting on the $30’s.

Keep in mind a lot of stock comp since then, too.

May never get that oppty.

Dreamer

Unity / U down 17% in ah.

PLUG down 18% in ah.

VEEV - an older saas darling, was down 14% today.

DOCS is actually up 18%…makes no sense.

Brutal/ crazy reactions to earnings this ER season. It doesnt strike me as healthy.

Dreamer

3 Likes

Big fall = Shorts…Big rise = shorts covering

Easy peesy

1 Like

Tell me about it… Deciding whether to hold or trim before ER feels like this:

Crazy algo-induced volatility.

4 Likes

maybe those interested in keeping stock earnings chatter alive can community-source an ER calendar.

ok…back to work/life. I lurked a bit and glad to see the board didn’t immediately go dormant and choke on it’s own dust. Make it your own.

Dreamer

9 Likes

I will start a list. I am now finding news releases that state date and time. Am adding the AMC or BMO info as I find them

Listed by date.
2/05 SPG
2/07 PERI
2/08 BILL
2/12 MNDY
2/13 DDOG
2/20 ENVX AMC
2/21 NVDA
2/21 PGY BMO
2/22 GLBE
2/27 FOUR
2/28 CELH