Elastic Cloud Enterprise 2.3 is Now Available: Featuring Role-Based Access Control
Press release from today. Here are the new features:
Elastic N.V. (ESTC), the company behind Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack, is happy to announce that Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE) version 2.3 is now available, bringing one of the most anticipated features, role-based access control (RBAC), into general availability. The addition of RBAC capabilities to ECE allows organizations to safely expand self-service access to ECE for a larger group of users, and relieve some of the operational load off of ECE admins.
The pre-configured roles for RBAC on ECE include the following:
* Platform Admin: Full permissions to manage all platform assets and deployments; equivalent to the default admin user
* Platform Viewer: Read-only permissions to all platform assets and deployments; equivalent to the default read-only user
* Deployments Admin: Create and manage deployments, without any access to platform level assets
* Deployments Viewer: Read-only permissions to existing deployments, without any access to platform level assets
* Elasticsearch heap dumps: Customers can now create Elasticsearch heap dumps under Operations > Capture heap dump. These require snapshots to be enabled and allow you to download heap dumps when troubleshooting.
* Advanced deployment activity pane: When viewing the activity for a deployment users now have more flexibility when filtering and searching for specific events.
* Deployment REST API payload example: We now offer an easy way to get an example directly from within the UI. By clicking on Equivalent API request next to Create deployment, you can see an example you can copy and paste to create a deployment using the ECE REST API.
For a complete list of changes in ECE 2.3, be sure to check out the release notes. Interested in managing Elasticsearch at scale? You can also try out ECE for free with our 30-day trial.