EVBG earnings

Everbridge (EVBG) reported good earnings yesterday and it’s up $26.80 (+23.75%) to $139.66. I wrote about Everbridge in January last year but it did not attract much attention.

https://discussion.fool.com/everbridge-evbg-outside-the-box-3410…

Everbridge is a beneficiary of the pandemic. Jaime Ellertson – Executive Chairman said:

Organizations face an incredible challenge, as Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan, recently stated, the country was not prepared, and further he suggested that what we actually need, and I quote, is a pandemic playbook. In fact our Critical Event Management suite forms the modern day playbook for everything from active shootings, to hurricanes, to pandemics. Our first quarter’s strong performance, where our financial results easily exceeded our guidance ranges continue to demonstrate the rapid adoption of our Critical Event Management solutions. We’re grateful that so many organizations are deploying it to monitor the direct impact of the virus on the things they care about most, to automate and orchestrate their response to the virus, and to communicate the information needed by people to access services and remain safe from the virus.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2020/05/06/ev…

Denny Schlesinger

16 Likes

I read and profited from your post. Thank you.

During the conference call, I was impressed with the quality of the CEM wins at CSCO and BMY. I am a little confused about what the company is doing in Norway. They are not actually contact tracing the virus are they? Do you know?

I trimmed my position today because of its size in my portfolio, my sense that a lot of the growth is priced into the stock now, and management mentioned the word “prudent” several times when discussing 2020 guidance.

Still long EVBG.

Again, thank you.

During the conference call, I was impressed with the quality of the CEM wins at CSCO and BMY. I am a little confused about what the company is doing in Norway. They are not actually contact tracing the virus are they? Do you know?

When one does not know, one asks Google! :wink:

Norwegian Government Strengthens Countrywide Preparedness for COVID-19 with Everbridge

Everbridge now deployed in all three mobile networks and used by The Norwegian Directorate for Health to reach entire mobile population of Norway

OSLO, NORWAY – April 15, 2020 – Everbridge, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVBG), the global leader in critical event management (CEM) announced today that its market leading Public Warning solution now reaches subscribers across all three mobile networks in Norway using location-based mobile messaging. The implementation of Everbridge’s Public Warning solution with the third of Norway’s three mobile networks was completed in just nine days and has been instrumental to countrywide communications during COVID-19. Last week, the Norwegian Directorate for Health sent a record 5.4 million messages to every mobile phone in Norway related to COVID-19. The Directorate for Health also sent a message to all non-Norwegian phones roaming inside the country recently in English, French, German, Spanish, Polish and Russian, providing critical instructions for foreign nationals. Everbridge Public Warning can automatically detect the nationality of a person’s mobile device, without the need for any personally identifiable information (PII), and then send messages in the appropriate language to improve the effectiveness of communication to visitors and international travelers. [WOW!]

https://www.everbridge.com/newsroom/article/norwegian-govern…

This is awesome! By the way, the top ad asks:

Looking for an alternative to | Everbridge? | rapidreach.co.uk?

The competition admits that Everbridge is top dog! That’s what we as investors need to know.

More later, I’m reading the earnings transcript.

Denny Schlesinger

5 Likes