… who be doin’ da crimin’ ?

intercst

1 Like

And what be da crime?

DB2

1 Like

“reckless endangerment” for one.

reckless endangerment n

• : the criminal offense of recklessly engaging in conduct that creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury or death to another person. Whether you meant any harm or not, creating a situation that puts someone else at risk is illegal.*

• Examples can include driving carelessly, car accidents, workplace accidents, child abuse, hospital abuse, etc.*

Blowing off safety procedures, pencil whipping inspections, to juice profits, would be “reckless endangerment”.

Steve

6 Likes

I suspect criminal negligence in following FAA standards for safety inspections and quality control – for Boeing and possibly Alaska Airlines. (e.g., the Alaska Airlines aircraft with the blown door plug experienced at least two pressurization warnings that were written off as a faulty sensor in the weeks before the Portland incident. Alaska Airlines even restricted the aircraft from long, over water flights to Hawaii, indicating that they had an idea the aircraft was compromised.)

intercst

7 Likes

This is true of almost every case of “work place accidents” in this country. They’re not “accidents”. It is delaying/ignoring inspection, maintenance, training, improper substitution, using machinery and procedure after they are outdated. They buy off the safety inspectors and thus get the insurance pay off. Most workplace fatalities are employer-provided manslaughter. (Barring the crazed former employee who stops by to shoot the place up. I wouldn’t blame that on a business model.)

3 Likes

And the “JCs” say “no-one forced him to work here. This is at will employment. If he didn’t want to crawl inside that press, with the safety interlocks not functional, he should have quit. All these intrusive, burdensome, big gummit regulations hurt profits. If someone is against profits, they must be a COMMIE!!!”

Steve

7 Likes