F.W.I.W

For what it’s worth, the market activity of the last couple of days fits the definition of a market correction of greater than 10% to around 20% at least in SQ and the tech sector. It’s possible we weather this through to another leg up in the new year. Time and possibly geo political events will tell.
BCTim

For what it’s worth, the market activity of the last couple of days fits the definition of a market correction of greater than 10% to around 20% at least in SQ and the tech sector.

A correction is not when one of your stocks goes down 20% or even a sector.
It is when the whole kit and caboodle go down.

Why people gnash and grind over days like today is puzzling. Sure you must look at each stock and evaluate it, but there is nothing you can do about the market and the sector rotation if it is taking place. One could say sector rotation has benefitted those of us in tech stocks greatly the past umpteen months. If you are slick enough to time it, go for it. But we have to deal with down days just like we deal with the up days.

If you ride too high on the ups, the downs will be even more difficult to handle.

Just my take.

A.J.

7 Likes

Based on my analysis, we only gave back the gains we had just last week. Let’s not jump off the bridge just yet.

5 Likes

Tim, I’m sure you know that psych folk have never disagreed on one point about
investors and psychology:

The pain of a loss is much stronger than the joy of a gain.

I don’t know why that is, but overall I have no doubt it’s true. Even when I
know that idea, it can be a struggle to learn to adjust my view some days after
a loss.

Dan

It’s easier for me today since I was on a major shopping spree and hit the sale perfect,
reminding me of another piece of market wisdom, this time from a fellow Nebraskan. “I’d
rather be lucky than good.” Amen. I’ve been lucky lately.

2 Likes

https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/284324/chip-stocks-tank-on-…

“Chip Stocks Tank on Morgan Stanley’s Soft NAND Price Outlook”

Of course, the day before, we had this:

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/17/11…

“Micron Gets A Price Target Boost On An An Optimistic DRAM Outlook”

So, are you a NAND guy, or a DRAM gal? Or vice versa?

3 Likes