This is really where I think Fastly shines. Adding features on to their network to help deliver content way beyond the CDN application: https://investors.fastly.com/news/news-details/2020/Fastly-E…
Fastly’s Live Events offering now includes:
- Media Shield with Origin Insights: Technologists can optimize multi-CDN deployments and reduce streaming costs, while gaining real-time analytics and visibility into the egress data collected from the origin infrastructure to Fastly’s Edge Cloud.
- Live Event Monitoring: Organizations can rely on a team of Fastly experts to monitor, alert, and troubleshoot complex issues throughout high-profile, mission-critical events, enabling a faster, more consistent viewer experience.
- Capacity Reservations: Organizations can easily reserve additional bandwidth to prepare for high-traffic events.
- Real-time Observability: Technologists can gain real-time insights into how their users are consuming streaming content, empowering them to proactively identify and fix potential issues.
Accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of video-on-demand users is projected to be up by nearly 50 million at the end of this year.
Fastly’s video-on-demand services now include:
- Device Detection: Video engineers can write logic to tailor content for a variety of device types, improving delivery quality and user experience.
- Enhanced On-the-fly Packager (OTFP): Organizations can cut costs associated with duplicating content for different packaging HTTP streaming protocols. Enhancements include multi-language audio and additional DRM partner integrations.
- VPN/Proxy Detection: Enhanced programmability at the edge enables organizations to detect when VPNs and proxies are being used to bypass content protection.
For more information about Fastly’s Live Events and video-on-demand solutions, visit: https://www.fastly.com/solutions/live-event-services and https://www.fastly.com/products/media-and-streaming/video-on….