$FB: Sandberg Oblivious To The Bitter End

May she never enter politics:

WSJ Headline: Why Sheryl Sandberg Quit Facebook’s Meta

Subheadline: One of the world’s most powerful executives became increasingly burned out and disconnected from the mega-business she was instrumental in building. That dovetailed with a company investigation into her activities.

https://archive.ph/eNlzE

“I’m proud of all the good that happens on our platforms, all of the time every day. And I’m excited to see what Meta does going forward,” she said. “I really believe in Mark, and I really believe in my teammates.”

Further down in this article, finally, some nod to the truth about $FB:

But Ms. Sandberg’s standing within Facebook began to change after that election. The company was mired in allegations that it didn’t do enough to circumvent Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

Controversy surrounding the election grew for the company in March 2018 when the Guardian and the New York Times reported that political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica had improperly accessed the data of 50 million Facebook users. That data was then used to target voters on Facebook to get them to support Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential campaign, according to the reports. The number of affected users was later revised to 87 million.

1 Like

Her next book will be titled “Leaning Back.”

1 Like

I just busted out laughing, I really did. Thanks!

Glad I could do that.