Firefox Update To 97.02

Mentioning this in case it might help someone else and save an hour or two of frustration.

Not sure how, but this last update ended up with my “Bookmarks Toolbar” disappearing on my W8.1 desktop. Tried all kinds of things to get it back, like “View” and “Customize Toolbar,” etc. No luck.

Then I decided to “Restart” my desktop. Voila! It reappeared in all my open browser windows.

Good luck.

Ken

2 Likes

Today they show an update version of 98.0

Maybe for you. For me, the latest release for my OS is 91.6.0esr (64-bit).

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switch-to-firefox-exten…

Yeah, mine just did an automatic update to version 98.0 a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Same here… went to the “About” page and it DL’d and is applying. Restarting FF… 98.0 (64-bit)

1 Like

Just noticed that 98.0 is already out.

Firefox has become quite annoying with its too frequent updates that hassle you with popups reminders until you succumb. Reminiscent of the old, almost daily, Adobe Reader updates from yesteryear.

2 Likes

Updates can be a hassle, but on the upside these updates have been rapid responses to security flaws just discovered, so I personally am happy for the hassle…doc

3 Likes

Updates can be a hassle, but on the upside these updates have been rapid responses to security flaws just discovered, so I personally am happy for the hassle…doc

You said what I was thinking about posting.

1 Like

I’m case you don’t know, check out one of my favorite patching sites:

https://ninite.com/

Select the applications you use (or want to use) and then download the small executable file it gives you. Save that to your desktop or whereever is convenient. Just run it and it’ll patch every program you selected. It helps with both security and convenience.

Phaz

1 Like

Used to use Ninite when I ran windows. There are others to use that scan your computer looking for missing updates (if you like that option). Glary Utilities has one to go with their optimization suite (optimization tool like Ccleaner but my perception is it’s better). FileHippo used to have one of their own.

I just checked my Win10 dual boot machine which runs Linux 90+% of the time and the Glary Utility Update Checker found that I have 25 updates that I can choose to do individually or skip. I chose the critical ones even though I probably don’t need to on this computer. Obviously, the possibility of knowing I was this fall behind on updates on this machine would be impossible without some program like these.