Five - beats on all fronts

Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE): Q2 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.04.

Revenue of $283.3M (+28.7% Y/Y) beats by $6.66M.

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/16927824-five-inc-announces-seco…

Revenue growth accelerating and like for like store sales at almost double digit growth - amazing. 28% growth was the highest since 2 quarters in H1 2014.

Ant

3 Likes

I’m waiting for someone to come up with 10 Below or 20 Below, and get in on the ground floor. :slight_smile:

(5 Below is like Dollar Tree, except that $5 is the limit instead of $1, so there’s a range of stuff at a wider range of prices. Not a bad idea, if you get a good product mix.)

Ant, it would be really helpful when reporting on a company like FIVE or BOX, that most of us are not familiar with and hasn’t been much if at all discussed on the board, to give us a paragraph at least about what the company actually is and does, and why you like it, rather than just saying their quarterly results beat by 4 cents. It sure would be more helpful to me, anyway.
Thanks in advance
Saul

3 Likes

Sure Saul good catch. Five I thought we were all familiar with as it was discussed a lot when first brought to the board. Box I have covered in my portfolio reviews but will add a brief outline into the description on any fresh posts of less mainstream companies.
Ant

I’m waiting for someone to come up with 10 Below or 20 Below, and get in on the ground floor. :slight_smile:

(5 Below is like Dollar Tree, except that $5 is the limit instead of $1, so there’s a range of stuff at a wider range of prices. Not a bad idea, if you get a good product mix.)

Millennial’s love FIVE. If someone comes out with 10 or 20 Below, they might need armed guards at the doors with the millennial crush.

Kathleen

Yeh Kathleen - I know what you mean. In the UK it is called Primark and when they have sales events there are usually riots at the opening bell as they open the doors. The security guards are usually the first casualties.

I don’t read the Daily Mail (or “Daily Hate” as it is called in the UK) and I don’t like posting links to it but here’s a story they carried…
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-446932/The-battle-Pr…

Ant

1 Like