Free coin redemption options

Am I the only one that actually just spends my coins? …

I used to, but now I don’t even use cash at all. anymore.

Pete

1 Like

MissEdithKeeler
Am I the only one that actually just spends my coins?

Good question.

My answer: The cash transaction is so infrequent here. With no purse, they go in my pocket, and then in the jar when I get home. No need to have one more object(s) taking of space in pockets.

Easiest disposal is simply tossing in the jar, then, after an accumulation, do the coin purge.

1 Like

I’m tempted to see what a cashier would do with my $2 bills

I try to get $2 bills around the holidays and use them for tips & the entertainment that goes along with that.

peace & fun money
t

There’s at least one Youtube video where someone relates to the fun they had paying with a $2 bill.

Cashier refuses, calls manager, manager refuses, on and on.

Quite comical IIRC.

Unfortunately No. Ms. Golfer does it all the time and it drives me up the wall. Granted we’re both in our mid to late 70’s but come on man you don’t have to look like a Granny digging in your penny pouch. Just give the lady a $20, make your purchase and move on.

Regards,

ImAGolfer

1 Like

Just give the lady a $20, make your purchase and move on.

Regards,

ImAGolfer

Actually, there IS a time I wished I had a few coins on me. Like I’m paying cash for something like $5.10.

All I’ve got are the 5’s and 20’s. Have to ‘break’ a 20 to pay for the ten cent ‘excess’. Minor annoyance. If it happened often enough, I’d carry a few coins. But it’s not. But I still end up carrying sometimes lots of one’s, from all the breakage going on! LOL. Life’s mysteries and all.

Maybe I’ll start keeping a couple of quarters on me. Would handle the situation nicely. Dither, ponder, dither, and ponder.

Mostly credit card transactions. I had thought about using cash for a transaction then noticed the sign about there still being a coin and small bill shortage.

My effort to help the coin shortage was to take the change accumulated from having to clear out multiple homes and put them through Coinstar for Amazon certificates.

You are in good company with me. I have a couple of smallish boxes in
my office where I put my excess change. It tends to create a bulky coin
section in my wallet so I put some change in my car, in the coin holder,
and a few coins in my wallet. The rest goes in the boxes to be used as needed.

While my bank offers free use of the coin machine, I accumulate and then roll my coins and take them to Ocean State Job Lot.

If one buys a gift card there, with rolled coins, one gets an additional 40%.
example:
requesting a $10 gift card, purchased with rolled coins gets one $14 gift card.
there is no maximum, as far as I know.

If I shopped there more, I’d go to the bank and get coins, just for the 40% return.

peace & free money
t

4 Likes