Free Shipping....from China

When you buy from Alibaba in bulk or their subsidiary AliExpress for one item at a time the shipping is free to your door. The entity offering the free shipping is the Chinese post office. Their government picks up every penny of the cost.

Considering China’s debt problem that will have to end.

This is also a big deal in several ways for made in America.

I do not think US firms can take advantage of Chinese government free shipping not that I specifically know one way or the other.

What I am pointing to is a great western demand for product made in China that will be made elsewhere.

1 Like

President Trump moved Wednesday to withdraw from a 144-year-old international postal agreement that enables businesses in China to mail small packages to the United States at a hefty discount, an arrangement government officials said boosts foreign competitors and costs the U.S. Postal Service roughly $170 million per …Oct 17, 2018

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-ditche…

I did not know this…but it adds to my case…

“President Trump moved Wednesday to withdraw from a 144-year-old international postal agreement that enables businesses in China to mail small packages to the United States at a hefty discount, an arrangement government officials said boosts foreign competitors and costs the U.S. Postal Service roughly $170 million per …Oct 17, 2018”

If you buy stuff from China off the web, most charged $1.50 or so to ship a package of a few ounces to a pound. That was their cost. Of course, to send the same package to China from the US would cost you $10 to $15, or more.

That was a relic of the 144 year old postal agreement. Don’t think Chinese gov’t had to subsidize anything

It should end. Not fair to US business.

The UK can send a 6 to 10oz ‘packet’ to US for under 10 bucks. The other way is likely $20-25.

t

t,

In a local USPS office for international is just says FedEX rates apply.

The Postal Act of 2006 was to sabotage the post office in favor of UPS and FedEX. Meanwhile those two have screwed over everyone they can.