‘Future Proofing’, for me

In some respects, I think you answered your own question. As i wrote recently:

I think those “differences in risk appetite and the love of the hunt” have always been here. For the longest time, however, those differences still settled on the same companies as the cream of the crop. That’s why the top handful of holdings in most recaps were so similar. That’s also why I was always more interested in what others were doing with the back halves of their portfolios. To me that’s where the differences in flavor showed up and I learned the most about alternative ways of thinking.

Every company is some combo of growth, execution, cash flow, and profitability metrics. For a long, long stretch the hypergrowth metric ruled all and profitably so. With that dynamic gone we’re starting to more clearly see our differences in style even if the board’s focus remains distinctly growth. For example, you, @GauchoRico, and @FinallyFoolin are all heavy SNOW. Me (0%) and @PaulWBryant (0.9%), not so much. Likewise, Bear, Gaucho are I are heavy BILL. You, Saul, and FinallyFoolin are 0%.

Who’s right? Well, it doesn’t matter because it’s not a competition. It’s about sharing the best info you can and standing back as everyone makes their own decisions. I personally see that as a good thing (and hope that all makes sense).

50 Likes