GH: competitor raises $110M

https://www.genengnews.com/news/cancer-liquid-biopsy-develop…

Cancer Liquid Biopsy Developer Thrive Launches with $110M in Series A Financing

A liquid biopsy developer focused on commercializing a test developed at Johns Hopkins University to detect multiple cancers at earlier stages has launched with $110 million in Series A financing.

Thrive Earlier Detection aims to develop and commercialize CancerSEEK, a DNA- and protein-based liquid biopsy. The test is designed to detect cancer by analyzing eight tumor specific genomic mutations in circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) and cancer-associated protein biomarkers in plasma to identify abnormalities that are common across multiple cancers…

I have no position in GH because the valuation suggests that it’s all about the future and the winner(s) in this space have not yet been determined.

Chris

5 Likes

I have no position in GH because the valuation suggests that it’s all about the future and the winner(s) in this space have not yet been determined.

Hi Chris,

Agreed, but Guardant does have first mover advantage at least for now and probably 1-2 year head start as far as studies and potential FDA approvals go. Lots of players in this field, which we cannot ignore. Makes sense as it is a $30+ billion market will attract lots of competitors.

Best,
Matt

3 Likes

Thanks Chris. I am long GH and appreciate you bringing this information to us.

$110M is a very large series A round in my experience. Impressive. Clearly a lot of people think Thrive has legs.

Rob

1 Like