GOOG or GOOGL?

I know that the difference is that GOOGL shares confer voting rights while GOOG do not, but which do you buy? Currently GOOGL shares are .0035% cheaper. Do you just buy the lowest priced shares of the two?

1 Like

Nobody will pound the table on any security at any price

Especially Mega Cap Tech

All stocks breaking down

New symbol for FAANG is ATM

How is this an answer to my question?

2 Likes

I have huge buy orders good until canceled for:

Brkb $161
Baba $6
Goog $998
Tesla $122

I check the prices every hour!

3 Likes

“I know that the difference is that GOOGL shares confer voting rights while GOOG do not, but which do you buy? Currently GOOGL shares are .0035% cheaper. Do you just buy the lowest priced shares of the two?”

I accumulate GOOGL only due to the voting rights (as though my votes would make a real difference!)

1 Like

I own GOOGL because it was cheaper at purchase time. It’s also the one with voting rights so it should trade higher. I’ve read that it doesn’t because the tickers are still adjusting to the extra volume of Google’s repurchases which are limited to GOOG shares.

1 Like

Why would you buy equity without voting right or even lesser voting rights. SEC should ban lower voting rights, non-voting rights securities. If they want to retain control so badly, then let them not sell in public market.

8 Likes

I know that the difference is that GOOGL shares confer voting rights while GOOG do not, but which do you buy? Currently GOOGL shares are .0035% cheaper. Do you just buy the lowest priced shares of the two?

My suggestion would be to buy GOOGL for the voting rights (out of principle) unless GOOG trades at a meaningful discount.

FWIW, I bought GOOGL.

Goog for sure.
I don’t like the “L” letter

1 Like