HACKED! All of US

Forgive me if it appears to be beating a dead horse. Perhaps I’m not being clear enough.

My question had nothing to do with Super Micro as a stock (or company, for that matter); my question involved whether their boards are/were utilized for any of the companies we discuss (PSTG, to throw out one example).

Is that question not as relevant as questions long ago involving Uber affecting TWLO?

5 Likes

I believe that this Bloomberg article was based on false information. Very possible that Bloomberg was fooled in a big way to unknowingly publish “fake news”.

My basis is that I work for a technology company that manufacturers Intel based servers. I’m not in that division, but my peers tell me that there is a document that they have prepared that refutes the assertions in the Bloomberg article.

If board wants, I can try to get a copy of this document and share it.

My confidence in chinese is companies is still what it was before this Bloomberg article.

…Marc
Long BZUN, TCEHY, and JD. (I’m only worried about JD’s CEO - he’s making me re-think this invt.)

8 Likes

I believe that this Bloomberg article was based on false information.

I would agree, all current indications are that Bloomberg blew it. They even tried to say there was a second issue involving chips hidden inside ethernet connectors, without being able to produce any proof that this theoretical issue even exists. Based on all the information I have seen at work over the past several days, we should definitely close this thread. Even the tenuous connection and potential risk to our cloud-based investments here does not seem to exist.

-Rob

1 Like