History repeats

The Most Destructive Attack in History - Night of the Black Snow
It was March 9, 1945. The island nation of Japan, its judgment clouded by pride and ancient traditions, continued to defy the Allies and refused to surrender. Little did they know a storm of overwhelming proportions was inbound to the very heart of Japan.

The Captain

7 Likes

Those who assist warmakers are themselves participants.

And those who sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

1 Like

Captain

The perfect, if somewhat bloatedly overlong, video on the horrific immoral logic of modern mass war.

For fifty years now I have told and begged both my Israeli and Palestinian friends to please leave, in any manner they can, as their mutual situation is locked in a hell that cannot be escaped without profound mass social transformation that shows no sign of appearing.

Part of the enormous power of the beautiful and much loved movie

comes from the silent ominous memory and aftermath of the night of the black snow. I suggest watching both the terrifying video on firestorms that destroyed most of urban Japan and the gloriously beautiful pacific mystical aftermath of My Neighor Totoro, with a brave little boy, almost certainly an orphan, running in the farm fields “flying” a model fighter plane that for me represents his pilot father and an entire lost world…

david fb

2 Likes