Hours spent?

Saul,
I curious, how many hours a week do you spend on your investments (research…portfolio management…posting to the boards…reading business related article)?

Jeb

Saul, I’m curious, how many hours a week do you spend on your investments (research…portfolio management…posting to the boards…reading business related article)? Jeb

Hi Jeb, It’s pretty well a regular job for me and I must spend at least 12 hours a week at it, but I’ve never actually counted. I said a “job”, meaning I take it seriously, but it’s actually fun for me and I miss it on the days the market is closed.

Saul

9 Likes

Hey Saul:

That is quote a bit of time you are able to allocate to the investing process. Very few could devote that much time but you do seem to enjoy it more like a hobby than work.

May I ask since you are very graciously sharing all your positions, buys and sells, are you or is anyone tracking the “Saul Portfolio” vs the market index?

If it isn’t being done…needs to be set up ASAP.

After all there are hedge fund managers making $700 million PER YEAR!

Those are real returns!

Hi Duma, If you look back over my initial posts on the board I gave my results over more than 20 years of investing.

Saul

kred is slipping. can’t hold .60

Hi Duma,

Since TMF lets you set up multiple scorecards, I went ahead several months ago and set up a “Saul’s Ideas” scorecard consisting of companies I have purchased based primarily on recs picked up from Saul/this board. That scorecard is showing an XIRR of 29.39% and is beating the S&P by 24.1% I only have five companies on that scorecard. Of course in hindsight I wish I had committed more funds to these ideas!

It would be very easy to set up a Saul tracking scorecard which includes all his ideas.

D.

1 Like

rizzz, that’s why I said over and over again, take just a tiny position in this stock, it may not pan out. I’m willing to stay with it, and if I end up losing all of my position it’s just gambling money.

Saul

It would be very easy to set up a Saul tracking scorecard which includes all his ideas.

I think this is a must to set up…because if he is consistently beating the market…he is being seriously underpaid!

Maybe it is time to start the “Saul Fund”…past performance does not guarantee future results", etc.

Rizz,

Thanks, buddy but I already have a full complement of this stock at this level of development. I was waiting for it to establish a base at the .80 cent range on good info before buying more.
Mykie

Of course, this also could be the end of the game though I doubt it. Why would they hire a CA guy to aid in their distribution efforts if they were going under?

So it’s a blip, waiting for that CA guy to generate more sales. I think they can guaranty their product based upon the arrangements they have with the coffee farms in Hawaii and since if they take all the product, it is essentially an exclusive arrangement hence the beginning of a Hawaiin coffee refuse moat.
Mykie

Sorry that last post should have been under the KRED banner

1 Like